Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are interested in Peatling, does that mean Garcia is likely out the door? They'd be competing for the same spot of being the backup midfielder. Not exactly an attractive position with Sanders also needing midfield minutes.

Might need to Libba hang up the boots after another century at the MCG to ease the glut a bit.

We'll see but I imagine one of his reasons he'd leave was for the opportunity to be a starting inside midfielder. Played that role well this year after an opportunity due to injuries but often gets pushed back in the queue when everyone is available. I'd say he is more likely to get that starting spot at a number of clubs before ours

Yep and Libba and Treloar ain't going on forever unfortunately.

If Peatling wants a clear inside mid role ASAP then we’re not the club for him. Would be competing with Sanders next year for midfield time behind Bont, Libba, Treloar and Richards. If he’s happy with a wing/half forward/inside mid role in a good side then he may as well stay at GWS.

Retire/delist: Keath, Bedendo, Rypstra
Trade Garcia for what will probably be a 3rd rounder.
Trade Smith for what will probably be a first and second rounder.
Trade Daniel for a second.

That's 5 main list spots and 1 rookie

If Peatling wants a clear inside mid role ASAP then we’re not the club for him. Would be competing with Sanders next year for midfield time behind Bont, Libba, Treloar and Richards. If he’s happy with a wing/half forward/inside mid role in a good side then he may as well stay at GWS.
Macrae also features highly in our clearance numbers this year despite being down on CBAs. If Libba misses he can go into the centre too

Why is everyone saying delist bedendo? I haven’t paid close attention to or seen him much lately but I remember seeing him play a couple times and he looked alright.. thought he was gonna make it

Macrae also features highly in our clearance numbers this year despite being down on CBAs. If Libba misses he can go into the centre too

I think those days are over. The only time he got CBAs after round 8 was in the second half against Brisbane after we got an all time baking in the middle in the first half. He got three centre bounce clearances as well in that second half but then he was essentially shunted to half forward after that. The week before when Richards and Libba were both out he didn't get one attendance, Gallagher was in there almost the entire game, seemingly with the game plan of tackling Daicos without the ball at every opportunity

Why is everyone saying delist bedendo? I haven’t paid close attention to or seen him much lately but I remember seeing him play a couple times and he looked alright.. thought he was gonna make it
I like him too but he has been on the list for four years now, with only two games. He has been given a fair go.

I liked him a couple years ago, hasn't shown any improvement since then. More athlete than footballer unfortunately.

Where does he play?
He's not getting a game ahead of Naughton or Marra, which is the VFL role he's been playing.
In the event one of those guys misses we've played either Lobb (perhaps less of an option now) or swung Khamis forward.
Darcy is a hell of a threat too so that's every chance in the event of injury we simply roll out 2 KPFs for those weeks or give Croft a run

Where does he play?
He's not getting a game ahead of Naughton or Marra, which is the VFL role he's been playing.
In the event one of those guys misses we've played either Lobb (perhaps less of an option now) or swung Khamis forward.
Darcy is a hell of a threat too so that's every chance in the event of injury we simply roll out 2 KPFs for those weeks or give Croft a run
Can he play off halfback?

Adding O'Driscoll/Harry Morrison & Peatling would be a solid off season.

Pipeline stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think those days are over. The only time he got CBAs after round 8 was in the second half against Brisbane after we got an all time baking in the middle in the first half. He got three centre bounce clearances as well in that second half but then he was essentially shunted to half forward after that. The week before when Richards and Libba were both out he didn't get one attendance, Gallagher was in there almost the entire game, seemingly with the game plan of tackling Daicos without the ball at every opportunity

Wait, are you saying Bevo used the 'T'-word?

Can he play off halfback?
I think this is the problem. We've tried him everywhere and he's been 'ok' in sone positions but never made a spot his own.
He reminds me a bit of Everitt in this regard. So frustratingly close to making it but never taking that last step.

Bedendo played his best footy on the wing imo. I am not sure why he's been moved from there when it's an area of need?
Our system is incredibly demanding on wings from a defensive standpoint. Bedendo has no chance of meeting those demands.

What makes you say that? (Not having a dig).

He's aggressive, can run all game and is strong in the air. I don't know about his defensive pressure. He's poor by foot.
We play with two aggressive, attacking half back options plus we look to push up a forward line player to the stoppage and get the wing to hold their width. Some teams still play with a back 6 and forward 6 that tend to hold their positions, meaning that the wingers participate more like an onballer/rebounder more than our teams (not to say that they're not wingers, its just that our half forwards and half backs participate in the "midfield" more than other clubs, meaning that the wingers have a quieter, structural, defensive role compared to most clubs).

Bedendo's strengths are his marking and ability to win the ball on the move, not that important.

To be honest I can see Essendon being interested as their system relies on tall wingers (Cox and Jones in the latter part of the year) and he may be backup if they want a plug and play similar role player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back