Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port have a few targets this year and minimal draft capital. 17 has diminished value for us because of Croft.

What about Sweet and 17 for Ports future 1st.
If Port wanted to swap their 1st round pick with ours I'm fairly certain it would be 2 separate trades:
  • 17 for F1 (and maybe some other picks thrown in from whichever direction)
  • Sweet for a packet of chips

We could ask for more than that.
Pick 17 is about the right value of Ports F1.
Not sure what else we could ask for.
Maybe. Port are no guarantees to be top 4 next year, so their future 1st could be a massive win for us. Reckon it could be a good punt for both parties.

We could ask for more than that.
Pick 17 is about the right value of Ports F1.
Not sure what else we could ask for.
Assuming it stays at pick 17, it will end up in the 20s come draft night. 3 academy bids, North likely getting pick 3, and FS bid for Croft.

This is how I have the first round going. (Minus Sanders and Suns bids)
If it goes like this who do we take or do we trade pick 11?
1. WCE Harley Reid
2. Roos Daniel Curtin
3. Roos Colby McKercher
4. Hawks Zane Duursma
5. Formerly Suns Nick Watson
6. Melb Nate Caddy
7. GWS Darcy Wilson
8. Cats Connor O'Sullivan
9. Dons Ollie Murphy
10. Crows Caleb Windsor
11. Dogs

Dunks did not play 23 games in 2021. He missed 2/3rds of the year with the shoulder. From memory he played the first 6 games and the last 4 H & A games then 4 finals. Whilst he was crucial to the GF run, in hindsight I think we would take the Essendon offer if we had our time again.

2022 he was great no doubting that.
I respected his rush back from injury to help the team but he was carried the entire back half of 2021 + finals. He had a shoulder reco so you can’t blame him but Bevo definitely played favourites bringing him back so early.

Was our best player through those first 6 rounds though, absolutely killed it.

1. WCE Harley Reid
2. Roos Daniel Curtin
3. Roos Colby McKercher
4. Hawks Zane Duursma
6. Melb Nate Caddy
7. GWS Darcy Wilson
9. Dons Ollie Murphy
10. Crows Caleb Windsor
11. Dogs
Lual

Hi dogs fans a quick question if you don’t mind. I have seen Buku Khamis a few times now most recently against box hill and he looks impressive. In looking at stats he has kicked several bags this year. Footywire says he is OOC and with your existing talls and Croft coming how does he play seniors short of injuries? Is he gettable as we desperately lack a partner for Mitch Lewis. Thanks in advance.
As a forward he'd be ideal for a club without a secondary KPF. He'd make a nice foil for Lewis who seems to like roaming up the field taking marks for fun.

Not so much at a club with as many as 5 of them.

If Port wanted to swap their 1st round pick with ours I'm fairly certain it would be 2 separate trades:
  • 17 for F1 (and maybe some other picks thrown in from whichever direction)
  • Sweet for a packet of chips
Yep Sweet is getting us sweet fa. He’s not going to be the key to unlocking a decent trade or getting a pick swap done.

1. WCE Harley Reid
2. Roos Daniel Curtin
3. Roos Colby McKercher
4. Hawks Zane Duursma
6. Melb Nate Caddy
7. GWS Darcy Wilson
9. Dons Ollie Murphy
10. Crows Caleb Windsor
11. Dogs
That’s very uninspiring and a worst case scenario. I can understand why we want to move up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi dogs fans a quick question if you don’t mind. I have seen Buku Khamis a few times now most recently against box hill and he looks impressive. In looking at stats he has kicked several bags this year. Footywire says he is OOC and with your existing talls and Croft coming how does he play seniors short of injuries? Is he gettable as we desperately lack a partner for Mitch Lewis. Thanks in advance.
Buku would be an awesome fit for Hawks, he’ll never be a star but he’s athletic, great mark and accurate set shot. I think he’d be good for 30 goals a year in the right setup & the quick ball movement that the hawks provide

Can Ryan play 2nd ruck? If so Buku would slot in nicely as the 3rd tall alongside him & Lewis

1. WCE Harley Reid
2. Roos Daniel Curtin
3. Roos Colby McKercher
4. Hawks Zane Duursma
6. Melb Nate Caddy
7. GWS Darcy Wilson
9. Dons Ollie Murphy
10. Crows Caleb Windsor
11. Dogs

I'd be very surprised if we didn't trade it.

But hypothetically, if Charlie Edwards' form continues I'd probably take him. I think he's had more impact then Sanders from watching him play live the last couple times and Sanders had a pretty good game both times. His ball use and athleticism have stood out. I'm a fan and has plenty of upside too.

1. WCE Harley Reid
2. Roos Daniel Curtin
3. Roos Colby McKercher
4. Hawks Zane Duursma
6. Melb Nate Caddy
7. GWS Darcy Wilson
9. Dons Ollie Murphy
10. Crows Caleb Windsor
11. Dogs
If forced to pick I’d be bidding on McCabe, then probably take Leake. But that’s got to be worst case scenario for us. Think I’d rather trade it out if we got to that point

If we get Watson. We'd have Weightman, Watson, West, Jones at the feet of Naughton and Jamarra. All of them like to chase hard off the ball and create pressure. If we are not able to lock the ball inside 50 with that forward line, and stop teams walking it out with ease, something is wrong with our system.

1. WCE Harley Reid
2. Roos Daniel Curtin
3. Roos Colby McKercher
4. Hawks Zane Duursma
6. Melb Nate Caddy
7. GWS Darcy Wilson
9. Dons Ollie Murphy
10. Crows Caleb Windsor
11. Dogs

Think eagles will take Curtin at 1. Local boy and they love him. No flight risk

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dursma to Cats IMO. Has a year left on reasonable count Cans need to replace Smith. They’ll structure property…..oops I mean contact to fit him in.
Can’t see us forking out much coin during trade period. Next year will see is at tipping point.

Dursma to Cats IMO. Has a year left on reasonable count Cans need to replace Smith. They’ll structure property…..oops I mean contact to fit him in.
Can’t see us forking out much coin during trade period. Next year will see is at tipping point.
They are the more realistic option. They plan to target the midfield and want some run as much as we do. Port have their hands tied with limited picks. I reckon he will be part of a Ratugeola trade.

If we get Watson. We'd have Weightman, Watson, West, Jones at the feet of Naughton and Jamarra. All of them like to chase hard off the ball and create pressure. If we are not able to lock the ball inside 50 with that forward line, and stop teams walking it out with ease, something is wrong with our system.

Something is wrong with our system!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back