Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we could be reasonably confident we could get Wilson at 10 before a Croft bid, I’d be keen on trying to turn 17 & Sweet into Lohman & Duursma - being a haul of Wilson/Duursma/Lohman to sure up half forward/wing with a bit of talent over just Watson.

Realistically by half way through next year you could be looking at a front half of:

Cody Marra Lobb
West Naughty Clarke/Lohmann
Wilson Bont Duursma

Looks alright, fair bit more speed & skill then we have currently with the McNeil/Scott/Baker/Poulters of the list gap filling at HF/Wing

If we thought we’ll get McKercher at 4 though I’d rather that option still.
In my opinion there is no way a bid comes before pick 10. I feel the media talk it up so that they can say how he slide on draft night due to being a father/son

We valued him that highly we didn’t give him one game in a year we were horrible. Even when 2nd ruck Rory Lobb was dropped we still didn’t find a place for him. We have next to no bargaining rights with Sweet. Good luck to him, hope he goes alright and has a good AFL career.

Again, Port shouldn’t pay what he’s worth to us, they should be paying what he’s worth to them.

You don’t offload your 2nd car for under market value just because you don’t drive it.

Given we won’t get much for Sweet, would it be worth throwing in pick 36 (end up 40 odd) and try for Bergman?
Durum’s would cost far more pick wise and cap wise I think

Hi dogs fans a quick question if you don’t mind. I have seen Buku Khamis a few times now most recently against box hill and he looks impressive. In looking at stats he has kicked several bags this year. Footywire says he is OOC and with your existing talls and Croft coming how does he play seniors short of injuries? Is he gettable as we desperately lack a partner for Mitch Lewis. Thanks in advance.

Hi dogs fans a quick question if you don’t mind. I have seen Buku Khamis a few times now most recently against box hill and he looks impressive. In looking at stats he has kicked several bags this year. Footywire says he is OOC and with your existing talls and Croft coming how does he play seniors short of injuries? Is he gettable as we desperately lack a partner for Mitch Lewis. Thanks in advance.
Absolutely gettable.

He’s OOC and only played one game this year. I think he would be very gettable.

Naughton and Ugle-Hagan played every game this season, he obviously would have got more chances if they got hurt. His VFL form has been pretty impressive. I’m not convinced he’s good enough to make it as an AFL level key forward though but like Sweet, if another club gives him an opportunity for better AFL opportunities he should take it.

He’s OOC and only played one game this year. I think he would be very gettable.

Naughton and Ugle-Hagan played every game this season, he obviously would have got more chances if they got hurt. His VFL form has been pretty impressive.
Didn’t he also take up footy quite late would seem to come with decent upside too? Would like to see him get a go at it and no one needs a key forward more than us!

He has quite a few fans on here. Doing well at VFL level but all we have seen at AFL level is potential not performance. Remains to be seen whether he will make it or be given the opportunity. Has only played 10 games in 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for that. Is he a good potential player at afl level simply stuck behind elite top end picks like Jamarra Naughton Darcy Croft?
Biggest issue is we've played a Forward/Ruck. I think the Hawks would be a great fit for him, if he was allowed to play as a third tall he would be alot more damaging at AFL level. Wouldn't cost more then a future 3rd or 4th either.

The Port Duursma isn’t worth a list spot for us. He isn’t currency for Sweet.

Better to take the pick from Port and use it elsewhere.
Given Power said we will take anywhere between 2-4 picks in the draft, all our super late picks are near useless and hold minimal point value. So anything we gain will likely be absorbed by Croft. I'd be chasing future picks or players for any trades this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back