Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we lose only those who have gone, plus Sweet, and we recruit Coffield, secure pick 4, match Croft, bring in a cheap ruck deoth option and a couple late picks that had got to be considered a successful off season

If we lose only those who have gone, plus Sweet, and we recruit Coffield, secure pick 4, match Croft, bring in a cheap ruck deoth option and a couple late picks that had got to be considered a successful off season
Yeah I agree, throw in some extra late picks for kids over the list cloggers we had, and the list would definitely be better going into next year which is the main thing. If we also lose an F1 in that though it would take a lot of the shine off

Also heard on trade radio that Carlton are no longer keen on Crozier as a DFA.

Will we offer him a contract? We have a rich history of holding on to players for way too long.

If we've kept Duryea, is Crozier even depth? Younger than Doc, but 10, 5 and 4 games the past 3 seasons is not a good trend.
IF (big if) he could even recapture some form, and IF Dale moves up to a wing like some propose, there might be a slim chance for him... long shot though IMO.

If we've kept Duryea, is Crozier even depth? Younger than Doc, but 10, 5 and 4 games the past 3 seasons is not a good trend.
IF (big if) he could even recapture some form, and IF Dale moves up to a wing like some propose, there might be a slim chance for him... long shot though IMO.
I'd imagine we are waiting to see if Duryea signs on (he still hasn't decided) before we decide what to do with Croz.

Leake. Intercept defender who dominated when moved forward and has also put in some very impressing games in the midfield.

I watched a short highlights package after you mentioned him yesterday and thought he’d make a decent intercept defender.

What was his knock in that role that forced the move forward? Or was it just to see his flexibility?

I watched a short highlights package after you mentioned him yesterday and thought he’d make a decent intercept defender.

What was his knock in that role that forced the move forward? Or was it just to see his flexibility?
Was just a flexibility thing. He switched with Callinan who also was successful at both. Leake up forward was kicking bags for fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we will lose one of English or Smith this trade period.
Glasses Why Dont We Have Both GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

Sorry, I think this is so underwhelming. Extensions for two players we already have including one that’s yet to establish himself.
A throw at the stumps for a player who was a high draft pick, but is injury prone.
A shot at a high draft pick that we may have to give far too much for that will be diluted and we may not even get the player we really want.
Hope the trade & draft period improves from here on in.

Trade period and the draft hasn’t even started yet mate.. cool the jets hey! ;)

suggest this board is about to endure one of the all-time collective melts/inanity/jumping at shadows that we've ever seen.

oh **** - you mean its going to get worse than its been for the last 2 12 months

Sorry, I think this is so underwhelming. Extensions for two players we already have including one that’s yet to establish himself.
A throw at the stumps for a player who was a high draft pick, but is injury prone.
A shot at a high draft pick that we may have to give far too much for that will be diluted and we may not even get the player we really want.
Hope the trade & draft period improves from here on in.

Who did you expect us to go and get? How are extensions for Naughton and JUH underwhelming?

The main improvement will have to come from the coaching group.

Last edited:
His gone from a late second rounder to a mid to late first. There are a few Bolters this year. Leake, Windsor, Edwards, Tew and Zakostelsky all fit in that category.

Only a small sample, but he reads the ball in flight really well. Has a bit of Jake Lever about him imo.

Raak
McComb
O'Brien
Sweet
Bruce
Hannan

Add Coffield to that which makes 5 spots available.

Also have Crozier and McLean unsigned.

We surely have a few things in the pipeline to fill at least a couple of spots.

Trade period and the draft hasn’t even started yet mate.. cool the jets hey! ;)
Ah ok, I thought your list was the starting gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back