Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That proposed Saints trade for Coffield is interesting. If we do it we’d only be able to match a bid for Croft from pick 17 onwards. Bring in another 3rd rounder (Sweet) and we can cover up from pick 8 onwards.
All our picks should come in at least 3 places. GC have 6 picks ahead of our first pick and all will be used on their 3 academy selections.

We’ll easily be able to cover any bid around 13-14 by the time the night rolls around.

Hopefully an extra 3rd from Sweet means we can select one more kid in the draft at around pick 45.

39 (and getting back 55) is fine because that pick would be going straight on Croft anyway. It's not like we've lost an opportunity to pick up a player at 39.

It means we match Croft with 47, 55, 52 & 68. All those picks should move up 4-5 spots (after the matching of higher end bids) anyway so we might get one later pick to take an additional draftee in the national draft.
Are there points left if Lual falls out of the top 40

And just like that the deal will be done soon.
Looks to be 39 for Coffield and 55
That's fine - equivalent of paying pick 52. We only need the points.

Pick 39 is really overpaying for Coffield even if we get points back. The only trade that we should hold firm on as his value is not anywhere near a second rounder.
Just not true. 39 will be 100% eaten in Croft match. Getting 55 back means that it's only the equivalent of paying pick 52 and we only need the points.

5 and Smith for 4 and a future first.

So a 1 pick upgrade and future first from a side on the rise.

Was the laughable trade option raised.
If 5 to 4 guaranteed McKercher I'd consider this (e.g. if north end up with 1 and 3 reckon they are taking Reid and Duursma, WC take Curtin, Hawks pick gets McKercher (or Watson). GC also match for Walter obviously

Yeah I don't see Power letting him go for anything short of pick 4 with nothing else going back their way. A one pick upgrade is worthless. We aren't letting him go if the substance of the trade is just a future first.
I reckon if we get Pick 4 plus something of Note coming back then we'd pull the trigger

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In truth though, if Sweet stayed I'd actually look at trading Timmy. Free up space, and get another high draft pick+. I'd then be telling Sweet he has 2 two things to train over the break...
1. His endurance, and,
2. His ability to hit and hurt oppo players.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ummmm I think no 2 shouldn’t be mentioned to him. Early days he’d miss games from suspension. He needs no encouragement

Dear draft watchers, I’ve just watched a 20 min highlight video so I am not an expert. Tell the me the pluses and negs on the Tassie kid.

He looks a star. His sidestep is insane. He’s the one I looked at and fell in love with. He also looks to have pace.

Only negatives are that he's from Tassie and he'll probably go before our pick.

Dear draft watchers, I’ve just watched a 20 min highlight video so I am not an expert. Tell the me the pluses and negs on the Tassie kid.

He looks a star. His sidestep is insane. He’s the one I looked at and fell in love with. He also looks to have pace.

If McKercher is on the table at our pick then pounce on him every time, only concern is that the Tasmanian team will throw big money at him to be a figurehead.

He’s a good kick of the footy as well so that’s always a need for us 😂
Who could forget Coffield.s last quarter in the Elimination final we lost, something like 6 contested marks on Roarke Smith(probably doesn't count) he is a great get. Also consider he could be a late swap for Zaine, I know who the winner is there, still waiting for somebody to better Zaine's negative 13 Super coach votes a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back