Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss back when Robert Walls would suggest a run in the ruck for everyone.
I remember Walls commentating a Richmond game a few years ago and he said something along the lines of " Richmond have too many talls on the field at the moment and are a bit too top heavy, it wouldn't surprise me if the coach PULLS 1 OR 2 OF THEM OFF at quarter time".

Has Bailey Smith requested a trade yet?

Surely this is being held up to maximise the theatre value of next week!

Pick 4 cost us 3 first round picks. I don't see how a former pick 7 who lit up the finals series 2 seasons ago isn't worth 2 firsts on his own.
He isn’t as that was 2 years ago. Hawks will just wait a year and offer even less next year.

If McKercher is on the table at our pick then pounce on him every time, only concern is that the Tasmanian team will throw big money at him to be a figurehead.
We shouldn’t be making any list management decisions based on a Tasmanian boondoggle that could collapse at any time.

Am I the only one who doesn’t want to lose Baz? His kicking this year was awful and he seemed to lose his ability to break and stick tackles - I can’t remember him being tackled in the first 3 years but he got caught a bit this year - but I think this was just an off year and I can see him bouncing back. I don’t want to lose guys with those attributes.

Am I the only one who doesn’t want to lose Baz? His kicking this year was awful and he seemed to lose his ability to break and stick tackles - I can’t remember him being tackled in the first 3 years but he got caught a bit this year - but I think this was just an off year and I can see him bouncing back. I don’t want to lose guys with those attributes.
But if we do we get a short term dopamine hit during trade and draft week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the issue with Baz is mental more than anything, isn't it? and that's the biggest red flag for mine.

Would much prefer he stays, but if the offer was 2 likely top 5 picks in consecutive years it would be a risk to one hope this year was a one off and two that he will resign next year IF this year was a one off.

Not a simple decision with risks either way

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would rather not lose him - it would be for picks, in the hopes that we pick someone with as much promise as Smith, which just doesn't make sense. But if he intends to go next year, he's gotta go this year. We can't risk another Dunkley situation where we end up with shit picks in return for a valuable asset.

I also think it's tricky with Smith. There are clearly parts of being in the AFL that he's really struggling with, and it's greatly impacting his form. He could turn it around, but it's also entirely possible that we've already seen his peak. I hope that's not the case but I don't think we can rule out the possibility.

100% mate, people have short memories. He was a machine up until about half way through ‘22. You could not tackle the bloke.

He’s obviously dealing with a few things that have effected his confidence on field since then but **** sake how’s the loyalty on this site? We expect all our players to love the club here we got a guy who was genuinely one of the best mids his age up until a season ago, has never had a bad word to say about the club, all the talk out of his actual camp is how he’s keen to stay and still everyone wants to ship him off for a new shiny first rounder.

We can’t keep shipping off highly talented players because we can’t get the best out of them ffs. He’s a young burst mid in the exact style we all want to bring into the club, we literally have one already

But if we do we get a short term dopamine hit during trade and draft week.
This
the issue with Baz is mental more than anything, isn't it? and that's the biggest red flag for mine.
Fair but we’ve dealt with those for a few years. Seems a bit rich to suddenly use them as a crutch.
Would much prefer he stays, but if the offer was 2 likely top 5 picks in consecutive years it would be a risk to one hope this year was a one off and two that he will resign next year IF this year was a one off.

Not a simple decision with risks either way

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I get that but when you use a top 5 pick you hope to get a player as good as him. We already have him. I’d be doing everything I could to keep him.
100% mate, people have short memories. He was a machine up until about half way through ‘22. You could not tackle the bloke.

He’s obviously dealing with a few things that have effected his confidence on field since then but * sake how’s the loyalty on this site? We expect all our players to love the club here we got a guy who was genuinely one of the best mids his age up until a season ago, has never had a bad word to say about the club, all the talk out of his actual camp is how he’s keen to stay and still everyone wants to ship him off for a new shiny first rounder.

We can’t keep shipping off highly talented players because we can’t get the best out of them ffs. He’s a young burst mid in the exact style we all want to bring into the club, we literally have one already
This

I would rather not lose him - it would be for picks, in the hopes that we pick someone with as much promise as Smith, which just doesn't make sense. But if he intends to go next year, he's gotta go this year. We can't risk another Dunkley situation where we end up with s**t picks in return for a valuable asset.

I also think it's tricky with Smith. There are clearly parts of being in the AFL that he's really struggling with, and it's greatly impacting his form. He could turn it around, but it's also entirely possible that we've already seen his peak. I hope that's not the case but I don't think we can rule out the possibility.
Agree that it’s crazy we trade in the hope of getting another him.

I don’t know if he intends to go but he’s one of the guys I’d be keen to keep.

I would prefer to keep him and bring him back to his best form, however….

1 - I have little confidence Bevo knows how to do this
2 - I have less confidence that Bevo knows how to structure us up to be successful, which would help encourage him to stay
3 - I have low confidence that Baz actually wants to stay with us, but that is largely based upon not trusting the players agents in any way not anything Baz has done
4 - I would prefer to get the best deal for him if he’s going to leave. Which I doubt is next year if he has another shocker in what is supposedly a weak draft

I’d only want Baz to leave if that’s what he & his management are set on.

He was clearly struggling last year & had the kicking yips - not in front of goal but all over the field . There’s no way an AFL player can be drafted top ten & go through their junior career kicking a footy and be that bad if something hasn’t gone badly wrong in their head .

Is it fixable ? You’d have to think so . It would be a shame if it gets sorted out at another club.

I would rather not lose him - it would be for picks, in the hopes that we pick someone with as much promise as Smith, which just doesn't make sense. But if he intends to go next year, he's gotta go this year. We can't risk another Dunkley situation where we end up with s**t picks in return for a valuable asset.

If we had of traded Dunkley to Essendon when he asked we would have got less than we did from Brisbane (given the JUH situation)

If we had of traded Dunkley to Essendon when he asked we would have got less than we did from Brisbane (given the JUH situation)
In no way do I want to be a part of Essendon potentially breaking their soon to be 7000 day winless finals streak (4 November 2023 is the 7000 day mark)

I'm glad Dunks never got to Essendon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back