Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would prefer to keep him and bring him back to his best form, however….

1 - I have little confidence Bevo knows how to do this
2 - I have less confidence that Bevo knows how to structure us up to be successful, which would help encourage him to stay
3 - I have low confidence that Baz actually wants to stay with us, but that is largely based upon not trusting the players agents in any way not anything Baz has done
4 - I would prefer to get the best deal for him if he’s going to leave. Which I doubt is next year if he has another shocker in what is supposedly a weak draft
With you 100% on points 3 & 4 :)

Barrett saying Gunston wants to return to Hawks after one year at the Lions 🤣🤣🤣
The Lions cost themselves a Premiership by not playing him in the GF.
The Lions win that game every day of the week if Jack played instead of that useless Hipwood bloke, Jack is a proven GF performer and was available to be picked.
I for one would love him to come back to the Hawks and be a mentor to our yng blokes.

On the Smith thing if he wants out and most think your club is very very very keen on Watson, so maybe our pick 4 and our future 1st rounder for your pick 5 and some steak knives might get the job done, if Smith wants out of course.

Lol Hawthorn supporters think a 1 pick upgrade and and their first next year is in front of us and will work
If Baz has another down year in 2024 what do people think his worth will be next trade period when he wants out (if that's the case)? Like it or not our team would be weighing up this offer if true and factoring in information not privy to us (mental state, true desire to stay or not, pending worth/value, salary etc). Interesting times.....

The Lions win that game if Jack played instead of that useless Hipwood bloke, Jack is a proven GF performer and was available to be picked.
I for one would love his to come back to the Hawks and be a mentor to our yng blokes.

On the Smith thing if he wants out and most think your club is very very very keen on Watson, so maybe our pick 4 and our future 1st rounder for your pick 5 and some steak knives might get the job done, if Smith wants out of course.
Agree on both points (cue the not so positive feedback). Gunston was a must play, I thought that was the reason he was brought to the club to help win finals.... And on Baz the biggest factor is if he wants out or not. If he does the supposed offer infront of us has to be considered.

The Lions win that game every day of the week if Jack played instead of that useless Hipwood bloke, Jack is a proven GF performer and was available to be picked.
I for one would love him to come back to the Hawks and be a mentor to our yng blokes.

Yeah, nah.

Not sure if it's true, but apparently we've already knocked back one low first round pick for Bailey already - so a single first round pick and a very, very minor upgrade isn't going to cut it. He's capable and in contract, if you want him - pay up.

If Baz has another down year in 2024 what do people think his worth will be next trade period when he wants out (if that's the case)? Like it or not our team would be weighing up this offer if true and factoring in information not privy to us (mental state, true desire to stay or not, pending worth/value, salary etc). Interesting times.....
Obviously Baz is contracted and we shouldn't be letting him go unless we get overs but I think some are inflating his worth. If he has a similar year next season we'd probably be looking at one single top 10 pick.

The Baz of 2021 is what we all want but we aren't getting it. It's now been a season and a half of average performances (a couple of great games) with some off field issues sprinkled in. There is no chance in hell he's worth pick 4 and a F1. That's Judd territory value.

Not sure if it's true, but apparently we've already knocked back one low first round pick for Bailey already - so a single first round pick and a very, very minor upgrade isn't going to cut it. He's capable and in contract, if you want him - pay up.
Don’t forget he also wants steaknives back from us too 😂

Honestly these opposition nuffs are just the worst

Don’t forget he also wants steaknives back from us too 😂

Honestly these opposition nuffs are just the worst

I was introducing concepts one at a time, let's not overwhelm people with the concept of logic too quickly.... :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol Hawthorn supporters think a 1 pick upgrade and and their first next year is in front of us and will work

Desperation to get a specific kid in the draft, doesn’t automatically equal letting a gun go for unders.
But hey, footy bias.

If we manage to turn half of Dunkley, Baz, our first rounder this year, and our first rounder next year into an 18yo small forward, Croft, and a resurgent Hawthorn's 2024 pick we should probably just give Oakley a call and shut up shop.

If we manage to turn half of Dunkley, Baz, our first rounder this year, and our first rounder next year into an 18yo small forward, Croft, and a resurgent Hawthorn's 2024 pick we should probably just give Oakley a call and shut up shop.

oakley.jpg

Who could forget Coffield.s last quarter in the Elimination final we lost, something like 6 contested marks on Roarke Smith(probably doesn't count) he is a great get. Also consider he could be a late swap for Zaine, I know who the winner is there, still waiting for somebody to better Zaine's negative 13 Super coach votes a few years ago.
Not sure what you're on about bud, Zaine never had a negative scored SuperCoach game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back