Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm surprised at other clubs offering a decent contract to a player still recovering from an ACL. Maybe medical & sports science has improved, but this probably wouldn't have happened 15 years ago. Has any other player signed such a deal coming off an ACL injury?

We’ve offered Barrass an extra 2 years at ~700k a year. Ends up at his total contract being a feather over 3.5m.

He doesn’t want to leave WA at this point but wants financial security. Eagles told him last year that they’d add an extra year to his deal when he was being chased by the Swans however hasn’t come to fruition yet.

Eagles will sell him for assets if it helps their rebuild. Don Pike is a ruthless mofo.

We’ve offered Barrass an extra 2 years at ~700k a year. Ends up at his total contract being a feather over 3.5m.

He doesn’t want to leave WA at this point but wants financial security. Eagles told him last year that they’d add an extra year to his deal when he was being chased by the Swans however hasn’t come to fruition yet.

Eagles will sell him for assets if it helps their rebuild. Don Pike is a ruthless mofo.
$700k is a pretty reasonable number in the scheme of things but geez I’d be nervous about an extra 2yrs with his back. We’d want to be damn sure he’s the missing piece

I'm surprised at other clubs offering a decent contract to a player still recovering from an ACL. Maybe medical & sports science has improved, but this probably wouldn't have happened 15 years ago. Has any other player signed such a deal coming off an ACL injury?
Doedee last year?

He’s more than happy at the dogs - it appears what they are offering is forcing him to have no choice but to leave.And it seems the dogs are not budging.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hey Claudonious you have said the above and then said he is”zero chance” of being at the club. I am a little confused by these assertions.

If the above is true (more than happy at Dogs) and the list management team change their minds in the next 3-4 months, then wouldn’t his chance of staying be pretty high?

I can think of a number of scenarios that would change our view on Baz’ value to the club.

The only situation where I could accept “zero chance” is if he has a god father offer from the Hawks/Geelong that we can’t realistically afford in any situation and Baz is unwilling to accept less to stay.

Sounds like everyone is being pretty responsible and reasonable in this situation.

Clubs with rebuilding lists like the Hawks/Geelong have to spend their salary cap and have heaps of coin to throw around, so they make attractive above market offers.

Baz has to consider a huge financial offer if it’s miles above what we can afford, especially coming off an acl.

And given we are in the window, we can’t afford to over pay for a player that we do not believe is irreplaceable and instead will put our cap into hard to acquire pieces like a KPD.

Would love for him to stay at the right price but makes sense if he doesn’t.

The most sickening thing I’ve read this morning is that Josh Battles offer from the hawks might net the saints picks 4/5.

If salary caps are increasing - have they also re-jigged the free agency compensation method?

Because i find that staggering re Battle.

The most sickening thing I’ve read this morning is that Josh Battles offer from the hawks might net the saints picks 4/5.

If salary caps are increasing - have they also re-jigged the free agency compensation method?

He has an offer of 5 years at 800k, last I was told that will still hit band one compensation as they're now taking contract length into consideration rather then just age and salary.

Silvagni would be pushing him out the door as fast as he can if it looks like they get that, an honest battler for a top 5 pick, this is why people think free agency is broken

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott Pendlebury has toured Whitten Oval this morning

Hey Claudonious you have said the above and then said he is”zero chance” of being at the club. I am a little confused by these assertions.

If the above is true (more than happy at Dogs) and the list management team change their minds in the next 3-4 months, then wouldn’t his chance of staying be pretty high?

I can think of a number of scenarios that would change our view on Baz’ value to the club.

The only situation where I could accept “zero chance” is if he has a god father offer from the Hawks/Geelong that we can’t realistically afford in any situation and Baz is unwilling to accept less to stay.

I suspect it is more than just contract terms.He is not going to be there next year.

You never know with Scrag. He broke the Bramble stuff way before anyone else which eventuated.

Guess we'll have to see if Pendles is dropped tonight for proper confirmation.
I thought Pendles was going to seek a trade to the Chicago Bulls. It is a pretty well kept secret but he has got a basketball background.

Remember when Corr took a $650k deal a few years back?
In current cap terms that's just shy of a million bucks.
The cap will be over 40% bigger in just three years (2022 to 2025).

$800k for a half-decent FA KPD is just the market rate considering there are so few around.

Makes the Liam Jones deal, and JOD as a Cat B pick, absolute gifts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back