Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

He has an offer of 5 years at 800k, last I was told that will still hit band one compensation as they're now taking contract length into consideration rather then just age and salary.
If Baz was an FA, We would have to get picks 1 and 2 if Battle is a 5 surely

If Baz was an FA, We would have to get picks 1 and 2 if Battle is a 5 surely
Battle would be pick 5. Pick 4 is the Saints existing pick.

Baz at band 1 nets us a pick after our first pick. It's an imperfect system, hence Buddy was pick 19 in compo

Last edited:
He loves the Dogs but he loves money more. What's so hard to understand?
Time for a BF poll.

What do you love more?

(A) Money
(B) The Western Bulldogs

I think I know which one will win. It's just a question of how far.
Or more to the point: how much.

Battle would be pick 5. Pick 4 is the Saints existing pick.

Baz at band 1 nets us a pick after our first pick. It's an imperfect system, hence Buddy was pick 19 in compo
It’s a shit system totally…shit player gets top compo because his team is a busted arse.

Should be no compo before pick 18

It’s a shit system totally…shit player gets top compo because his team is a busted arse.

Should be no compo before pick 18

Frawley compensation was laughable in 2014 and the fact that the exact scenario happened with McKay nine years later (there was a lot of laughable comps in between) and there has still been no change shows that the AFL couldn't give a stuff.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be no compo at all. If you can’t hold on to your own players, you should not be rewarded for it.
The “reward” is freeing up cap space to go after players yourself or retain other players that might otherwise be squeezed out.

In fairness to the AFL, my understanding is upon the introduction of the free agency system it was the clubs who demanded a compensation structure. I have heard Adrian Anderson state that the concept of compensation made no sense but it was a necessary inclusion to get the clubs on board with the AFLPA demands.

The fact that free agency compensation is offset if you sign and lose a player in the same year but not if it’s across years is also silly.

Smiley called
When he got the word
Posted, you may not have heard
About Bailey

We rushed to the thread
And peered inside
Could hardly believe our eyes
Its a sh1toad of cash
We were left to surmise

We don't know why he's leaving
Or where he's gonna go
Guess he's got his reasons
But we just don't really know
He's nearly 24 years
And we're waving bye-bye to Bailey

At twenty four years
And we gave him every chance
To show us he could kick a ball
Not lead a merry dance
Now we gotta get used to
Not pinning our hopes on Bailey

We had some games together
The contrast was stark
A couple of good ones
Others all over the park
Us and Bailey

Now he walks out the door
Does he look high?
For brief moment
He was nearly a Pie
And a big wad of cash
Fall's into Bailey's raw hide

Or where he's gonna go
He's nearly 24 years

At twenty four years
Not lead a merry dance
Now we gotta get used to

Then Zac called Bont
Asked how he felt
And he said I know how to help
Get over Bailey

He said Bailey is gone
And I'm over here
I've got the Form Four
And I'm twenty four years
And the grey clouds simply disappeared

Or where he's gonna go
He's nearly 24 years

At twenty four years
Not lead a merry dance
Now we gotta get used to

Last edited:
RIVALS EYEING GARCIA

Western Bulldogs utility Riley Garcia has reportedly emerged as a trade target for rival clubs.

The 23-year old has overcome a raft of injuries early in his career to get his best run at AFL level in 2024, having averaged 17.4 disposals from eight games before being dropped after the Dogs’ 43-point loss to Brisbane in Round 13.

And Herald Sun journalist Sam Landsberger reports that, should Garcia remain out of Luke Beveridge’s side, other teams will pursue him.

“I think there’s a watch on Riley Garcia, he’s far too good to be playing VFL — he’s had 41, 31, 35, and 31 (disposals respectively) in the VFL this year,” Herald Sun journalist Sam Landsberger told Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle.

“Really surprised he got dropped a few weeks ago ... had a wretched run of injury throughout his career, missed 32 games in his first four years but has not missed a beat this year.

“I think both club and player said at the start of the year: ‘Let’s see if how his body holds up and if he’s playing AFL football.’

“If he stays out of the team, I just think other clubs will come for him and they’d be silly not to.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back