Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

And round and round we go. Ok I'll say it bluntly. Garcia would be better in any position than the 3 I mentioned. If you want to go like for like position wise, Garcia is better than Gallagher.
Feel free to put up stats like you do with English to convince me that the 3 I mentioned are superior to Garcia.
Vandermeer plays as a hard running outside player that needs to use speed to get seperation on a defender when in wide open spaces when transitioning the ball out of a turnover or deep defence. Garcia doesn't have the speed to get a yard on his opponent. He would be far worse than Vandermeer being asked to play the same role, I think that's pretty uncontroversial.

It's kinda bizarre. Great stats. Champion data hero. Eye test beaten

English is Patient Zero for the fact Champion Data stats are garbage.

English v Minson. Will wouldn't have got anywhere close to English numbers but I know which one I would pick right now. The one that had a presence.

Funny I don't see JUH as having a attitude problem. He's got a confidence problem but he carries himself well attitude wise.
The red flag to me is the way he gets so agro at his teammates during games. A poor look and not conducive to a good culture. Can definitely turn that around though. It's one thing I loved about the Pies last year - if someone made a mistake their teammates would get around him and tell him not worry and provide confidence to him. At the moment Marra rages at them and acts like they are useless spuds.

The red flag to me is the way he gets so agro at his teammates during games. A poor look and not conducive to a good culture. Can definitely turn that around though. It's one thing I loved about the Pies last year - if someone made a mistake their teammates would get around him and tell him not worry and provide confidence to him. At the moment Marra rages at them and acts like they are useless spuds.
Richardson used to do that a bit.

I think you underestimate the ruck position.
If there’s one thing I’ve learned watching for just on 60 years it’s still very important.
Back in the day when I played , around the Boer War years, it was the most important position.
Kicking the odd goal is a bonus. But rucks set the tone, they need to have a physical presence.
Often what they offer won’t show on a stat.

I will go as far as saying exchange English for Gawn this year and we would be pushing top 4.

Related Fun fact: if “Tim English’s opponent” (opposing first ruck) were a player, they’d currently be leading the league in hit outs with 589 and hit outs to advantage with 173. For contrast, that’s currently 200 more hit outs than Max Gawn’s opponents. Gawn’s also kicked 9 goals.

That’s with games against Gawn, Grundy, Briggs, Xerri and O’Brien still to come (5 of the top 7 for hit outs) for Tim. And the strong chance he’ll get battered by Pittonet this week.

Related Fun fact: if “Tim English’s opponent” (opposing first ruck) were a player, they’d currently be leading the league in hit outs with 589 and hit outs to advantage with 173. For contrast, that’s currently 200 more hit outs than Max Gawn’s opponents. Gawn’s also kicked 9 goals.

That’s with games against Gawn, Grundy, Briggs, Xerri and O’Brien still to come (5 of the top 7 for hit outs) for Tim. And the strong chance he’ll get battered by Pittonet this week.
I thought that's the exact reason Pittonet was brought in. Batter Tim early then DK goes head to head with him around the ground.
I'm not confident this week

I thought that's the exact reason Pittonet was brought in. Batter Tim early then DK goes head to head with him around the ground.

Yeah, but English is coming off an AA year, so the fear that puts into opposing rucks is, um, unquantifiable? 🤔

Funny I don't see JUH as having a attitude problem. He's got a confidence problem but he carries himself well attitude wise.
Ah have you watched a bulldogs game? The bloke constantly throws his arms up in the air and sprays the team mates if he doesn't get the ball

Sent from my SM-S926B using Tapatalk

I suspect Pittonet having the wood over English played a part in keeping him in. He had his season high hitouts (48) and hit outs to advantage (18) against Tim last year and season high hitouts (31) and season second highest hitouts to advantage (11) the year before. The only time he’s bettered 48 hit outs in his career was when GC was rucking a 195cm Caleb Graham against him.

Plus it lets De Koning spend time forward where he’ll probably be matched up on a much smaller Khamis or Coffield.

Inside trading Article

EXTENSION LOOMS FOR STAR DOG

ADAM Treloar still has a season to run on a five-year deal since joining the Western Bulldogs, but the club will move to reward the in-form star with an extension in the coming months.

Treloar has played 74 games since being traded from Collingwood at the end of 2020, amid a messy exit from the Magpies, and has produced a career-best season to date in 2024, putting him in All-Australian contention and positioned as Marcus Bontempelli's biggest challenger in the Charles Sutton Medal.

The Bulldogs have held an early discussion on a one-year extension for 2026 and will look to finalise that over the off-season ahead of round one. This time last year, Treloar was regularly linked to a move to a Queensland club to join his partner and daughter in Brisbane, before his manager, Tim Hazell from Vivid Sport, emphatically denied those links on Gettable.
Now his partner, netball star Kim Ravaillion, is moving back to Melbourne after informing the Queensland Firebirds last month that she was retiring. That decision was formally announced on Tuesday, following a decorated career in Super Netball and for the Diamonds.

Treloar was included in the All-Australian squad three times across his five seasons at the Magpies, but never made the final team. This year the 31-year-old has reached new heights.

No one has touched the ball more in 2024 than Treloar, who is averaging 31.9 disposals after round 17 to be ranked equal 16th with Jordan Dawson and Luke Davies-Uniacke in the AFL Coaches Association Player of the Year award on 48 votes and, having been linked to a move with a fourth club, he is now destined to sign a second contract at the Whitten Oval. – Josh Gabelich
Fun Treloar fact.

Last week his career possessions tally surpassed Trent Cotchin and Nathan Buckley to move him into the top 40 (since stats were first recorded in the 1960s).

If you rank the top 50 disposal winners by average disposals per game, Treloar is #2 on the all time list, behind only teammate Jack Macrae.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then drops the next mark himself

IF and that is a big IF you trade JUH then there is something the club is doing wrong in player management

JUG, B. Smith, J. Stringer, L. Hunter, J Dunkley, that is some serious talent and top draft picks leaving the club.

Feeling people are jumping the gun a bit on JUH

He needs time to mature as a player and a person.

Yeah I don't like the raging at our players but not about to give up on him.

Just needs some of the senior heads that he respects to sit him down and get it out of his game. Bont and Naughts is where I'd start

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back