Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Girlfriends playing at X netball team has hardly ever been a factor.

Adam Treloar plays in Victoria, his partner recently retired and was playing in Queensland (and she lived there, with their daughter).

Josh Dunkley moved to Queensland, whilst his partner played netball in South Australia.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic so apologies if you are but this idea that you wouldn't take an extra million dollars because your partner is playing netball for considerably less is just bizarre.
No I am not being sarcastic also why would u go to the eagles at the bottom of the ladder when he said he wants to win a premiership when he last signed

No I am not being sarcastic also why would u go to the eagles at the bottom of the ladder when he said he wants to win a premiership when he last signed
Because everybody wants to win premierships. But ultimately players want to earn lots of money, either as well or in some cases more. Tim has dealt with a fairly significant concussion since he last signed on (as well as a mysterious bout of migraines at the beginning of this year which was/was not concussion related) and ultimately every year has seen multiple players be forced to retire due to concussion.

Perhaps he is leaning on cashing in being more important than winning a premiership, and who can begrudge him for it.

Because everybody wants to win premierships. But ultimately players want to earn lots of money, either as well or in some cases more. Tim has dealt with a fairly significant concussion since he last signed on (as well as a mysterious bout of migraines at the beginning of this year which was/was not concussion related) and ultimately every year has seen multiple players be forced to retire due to concussion.

Perhaps he is leaning on cashing in being more important than winning a premiership, and who can begrudge him for it.
Yeah fair lol I don’t know who to believe Tom Morris or Cal twomey bevause cal said he was close to signing two weeks ago and that it would get done

Personally I'd be all in on Barrass.
  • For all the talk of his back problems he has looked stellar this year so I'm not overly concerned there.
  • In the past two years we've seen how much better we perform when great defenders are playing compared to average ones. First with Jones, then with Lobb.
  • There is absolutely a chance that for a stretch of games we'd be relying on JOD/Buss/Khamis as our KPDs in the next few years. Especially if English leaves. It could work, but it's far from a proven mix.
  • We could have the best defence, midfield and forward line in the comp. If we had Barrass this year we'd be premiership favourites right now.
I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Personally I'd be all in on Barrass.
  • For all the talk of his back problems he has looked stellar this year so I'm not overly concerned there.
  • In the past two years we've seen how much better we perform when great defenders are playing compared to average ones. First with Jones, then with Lobb.
  • There is absolutely a chance that for a stretch of games we'd be relying on JOD/Buss/Khamis as our KPDs in the next few years. Especially if English leaves. It could work, but it's far from a proven mix.
  • We could have the best defence, midfield and forward line in the comp. If we had Barrass this year we'd be premiership favourites right now.
I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Not the best midfield losing Smith and English ...would need to actually draft midfielder not throw those picks at Wet Toast

If Tim leaves and we turn that into Barrass, and by some miracle Bailey Smith re-signs, that's best case scenario for me.

The dees trading for Steven may and Jake lever probably won them the flag in 2021 . Could barass be our Steven may
Stephen May was 27, Fit and Captain of the Gold Coast, Not sure how Barass stacks up

Every free agent is re-signing, Ainsworth the latest, expect the same for English. As for Baz I'm not really moved whether we lose or keep him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back