Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I know Bailey Smith is pretty much out the door
but the lad could at least be at the club for Treloar 250th Game celebrations

Edit: didn't realise that the whole rehab group wasn't in the photo

Last edited:

I don’t think there needs to be any animosity towards Baz. He wants to be a gun mid and has all the potential to do it. Is he gonna get the chance to do that with Treloar, Bont, Liber and now Richards ahead of him? I know two of them are 30+ but he can’t wait forever. Kinda similar to Dunkley.

Would love him to stay but can see why he would wanna go. Just need to reinvest in another kid to come through with Sanders.

I know Bailey Smith is pretty much out the door
but the lad could at least be at the club for Treloar 250th Game celebrations
Are you talking about the group photo?

If so, there are plenty missing including every single one of the boys in rehab. No JJ, Croft, Gardner & Harmes from my rough view (all in rehab).

Can’t imagine Butters leaving port. Him, Rozee and JHF will be the backbone of that joint for a decade.
Yes, but...

I'm sure we thought the same of Griffen too. And Richmond of Lids.

Things can change pretty quickly these days. Barrass is halfway out the door as a leader at WC with 3 years to run on his deal.
Lobb was contracted when we poached him.

There's every chance that the guy who came 4th in our B&F last year gets poached those trade period.

Unless I've missed something, Weitering is a free agent end of next year. Same as Ballard at gold coast.
Happy to roll with what we've got next year then try to shake one of them loose.
The only reason I see him leaving the blues is to chase success with a quality team.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is Smith set on leaving anyway? is it only $$$?

Is he on the outer with the other players and wants to reset with another group?
The day after we beat Collingwood, Sanders and Coffield attended my Auskick centre. Bailey Smith was meant to accompany them.

When I asked if Baz was on his way, Riley and Nick looked at each other and for a second there was awkward silence before one of them responded, "I wouldn't expect him to come."

That small interaction took me from 70% sure he was gone to 95%.

It would be disappointing if there wasn't a valid reason as to why he didn't attend. The kids would have loved it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back