Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

They're not guaranteed anything. Teams will go to work on them in the off-season.

Lloyd declaring them his premiership favourite this year is the mozz

The media flip flopping and the changing by the day hot takes this year are something else. It's next level this year. One week a player is a superstar, the next week a dud and the next week getting back to form...

We were supposedly flag favourites last week and now it's the team in eighth. Next week it'll be someone else and so on. Hilarious.

There’s no chance we will get nothing for him.
Never said nothing. I just meant it is hard to see them pulling off a good deal. Geelong will be the only one with a first round pick, and I can see them making a Preliminary Final. We should lower the expectations of a middle first round pick for him this draft. Future perhaps, but Hawks are on the rise, Cats always stay up, Pies will rebound a bit.

Last edited:
Never said nothing. I just meant it is hard to see them pulling off a deal. Geelong will be the only one with a first round pick, and I can see them making a Preliminary Final.

Maybe we gamble on their future 1st then, could push for a 2024 2nd round pick and a 2025 1st rounder. Not a great haul, but as we saw with Dunkley, out of contract, nominating one team, we'll drag it out but there's only so much hard ball we can play.

Maybe we gamble on their future 1st then, could push for a 2024 2nd round pick and a 2025 1st rounder. Not a great haul, but as we saw with Dunkley, out of contract, nominating one team, we'll drag it out but there's only so much hard ball we can play.

Push him to the PSD and he can go to the Eagles.

If Trac was gettable, reckon we’d get involved? Another mid…
If we didn't ask the question I'd be questioning our clubs commitment to winning.

More likely, the Dee's would sack Goodwin before letting Trac go.

Also, if he was up for trade I’d offer anyone outside of Bont, Liber, Dale, Weightman and the big three forwards.

He’s such a gun. I think he’s the only player when fit who is even close to Bont. For anyone too young to have never seen him play he’s basically Brad Johnson.

I don't mind this. There will be teams trading out of the first round, and we might be able to put together a package for something from someone like Brisbane or GC. Probably wouldnt be real high picks we could get but it would be something. Then have the 2 first rounders for next year to either use or look at trade targets next year

Never said nothing. I just meant it is hard to see them pulling off a good deal. Geelong will be the only one with a first round pick, and I can see them making a Preliminary Final. We should lower the expectations of a middle first round pick for him this draft. Future perhaps, but Hawks are on the rise, Cats always stay up, Pies will rebound a bit.
Bro you literally said this:

“good chance we will get nothing for him.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For sure, let's just get bent over in another trade deal again. Can't wait.

Walk him to the PSD, I don't really care. Don't just accept s*** from Geelong or Hawthorn or whoever.

Have a feeling we're gonna get bent over by Geelong for Bailey Smith. Their first pick will be in the mid-late teens and will probably be pushed back a couple spots from father sons, priority picks etc. We'll be looking at a pick closer to 20 potentially. So frustrating that the likes of Carlton can get Cerra for pick 6

Have a feeling we're gonna get bent over by Geelong for Bailey Smith. Their first pick will be in the mid-late teens and will probably be pushed back a couple spots from father sons, priority picks etc. We'll be looking at a pick closer to 20 potentially. So frustrating that the likes of Carlton can get Cerra for pick 6
Are we really getting bent over by Geelong? We would be getting bent over by Smith as we did by Dunkley as they chose teams with low trade capital

All of their staff I know want Goodwin, Oliver & 4 other players gone. That is their only path forward.
Nobody is taking Oliver on that monster contact though. Years + huge dollars. Melbourne would have to pay almost all of it for the next 5 years.

Gawn and May are both 33. They're in a terrible position.

Nobody is taking Oliver on that monster contact though. Years + huge dollars. Melbourne would have to pay almost all of it for the next 5 years.

Gawn and May are both 33. They're in a terrible position.

They are about to hit Norf levels of bad. Viney is looking elsewhere too….

Only Trac, Langdon & Pickett are of interest to me.

We won't be giving up a future first, i can almost guarantee that.

Didn't with Ollie Henry and Tanner Bruhn (who were both OOC and nominated Geelong), we won't do it with Smith either.

He's OOC, this years first (where Doggies don't have a first) and future 2nd is more than enough.
Anything otherwise is just bluster.

Deal will get done.

They are about to hit Norf levels of bad. Viney is looking elsewhere too….

Only Trac, Langdon & Pickett are of interest to me.
Langdon just re-signed. I wouldn't be suprised to see Pickett head to Port. Alot at Melbourne aren't impressed with his behaviours and he is blaming the slide down the ladder on every but himself.

We won't be giving up a future first, i can almost guarantee that.

Didn't with Ollie Henry and Tanner Bruhn (who were both OOC and nominated Geelong), we won't do it with Smith either.

He's OOC, this years first (where Doggies don't have a first) and future 2nd is more than enough.
Anything otherwise is just bluster.

Deal will get done.
It will depend where you finish, if you win the premiership and we're talking about picks 20+ and 30+ then that just isn't going to be enough. But yes, a deal will get done regardless, it's just a matter of which supporter base will be upset with what is given up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back