Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction: Timid Timmy turns into Tenacious Timmy in 2025. (Well, I can dream, can't I?)

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep.

Expect Timmy to roll up first day of pre-season tanned and with a most shaven head. Add to that a menacing neck tattoo.

At least look like a campaigner if he canā€™t play like one.

A lot of love for recruits but the one for me is Barry Hall. It was short, but by golly 135 goals in 39 games is an absurdity, even by 2010/11 standards.

And do you remember how good it looked having him in the forward line? There was just a confidence.

A lot of love for recruits but the one for me is Barry Hall. It was short, but by golly 135 goals in 39 games is an absurdity, even by 2010/11 standards.

And do you remember how good it looked having him in the forward line? There was just a confidence.
That pre season was some of the most enjoyable football I had seen up until that point, shame we couldn't quite get it together in the season proper.

It makes perfect sense from the destination club's point of view. They want the opposition's best players but they don't want to give them any assets in return that would make the player's original club any stronger. So it has gradually become a game of the list manager shrugging his shoulders and saying "well he nominated us but what can we do? we had already made arrangements to on-trade all our top draft picks [LOL] so there's not much we can offer you. How about a couple of future seconds?"

Clubs will naturally try it on every time. Baz probably doesn't give a shit about us. He's just telling his destination club to get it done, don't care how.

The clubs and the AFL may be a bit scared of the AFLPA but at some point some club has to stand up to the nominated clubs every year pulling this sort of shitty trick. And say "no deal, no trade". A bit like we did with Dunks and Dodoro.

I'd love to see it come to that sort of impasse, especially as Baz doesn't seem to give a shit about us. Otherwise it's just going to get worse every year.

Spot on. We don't owe Smith anything. Our only obligation is to get the very best deal for the club, couldn't care less about anything else.

Butters, Petracca, Barrass & Houston.

Land one of them and I will be really impressed with our recruiting team. Bergman would be the consolation but would still improve us.

We have the cap space and I hope have the will.

Retired too early also imo.

Playing arguably his best footy at the end.

Maybe if we were contending, heā€™d have pushed on, but Baz still had a year or two in him irrespective.

If only heā€™d come a year earlierā€¦

I'd give my left nut to see Butters at the dogs. One of my favourite players to watch. Him and the bont together would be untouchable.

Youā€™d still have the right one and the middle one left šŸ˜‰

Retired too early also imo.

Playing arguably his best footy at the end.

Maybe if we were contending, heā€™d have pushed on, but Baz still had a year or two in him irrespective.

If only heā€™d come a year earlierā€¦
Far too early.

Bro announced he was retiring in July, then went and kicked 40 goals from his 8 remaining games.

Yeah he was great for us , but the others might have him covered for ability.

Richard Osborne anyone ?

Another from Fitzroy I think who was absolutely awesome Peter Foster

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like we wonā€™t be seeing Buss this year in the seniors but heā€™ll be basically a new recruit for 2025 with another preseason and full year of development.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jordan Croft will also be basically a new recruit and the round 1 pick we get for Bailey Smith. That is 3 first rounders to debut next season.

Last edited:
Another from Fitzroy I think who was absolutely awesome Peter Foster
The Tonight Show Agree GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

After he retired he made a statement about wanting to be remembered as dogs player. That was pretty good...

Just my view but I would have gone a different direction with our ruck stocks.

Our midfield are allowed a really bad day (and I reckon that happens once every 5-6 weeks per season) but we donā€™t have the ruckman who can stop the ascendency. Heā€™s not the man to change the momentum and get the ball in our mids favour to wrestle back control.

The numbers donā€™t lie. Despite the names we have had roll through the middle in the past 5 years we are currently the worst first possession team in the game. We win it back by being really good at stripping the ball back. I donā€™t think thatā€™s sustainable.

Our midfield getting crushed often means our aggressively placed defenders get exposed (we have all seen this far too often). And Iā€™m yet to see a performance where our mids were crushed despite English being really competitive in the ruck. They always both happen at the same time.

Maybe this could work if Darcy fills out and he shoulders 50% of the load. Thatā€™s the only way I see it ā€œpremiership successfulā€

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back