Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Where has the Butters chatter come from? I assume it's just a want and nobody genuinely thinks he's a chance to leave the Power?
I don't think there is any chance but doesn't hurt to dream, especially when alot of our other have either re-signed or chosen somewhere else.
If there’s a sniff of Butters wanting out, surely Port take the trade this year?

Two first rounders would be about right?
If they were two first tied to Melbourne maybe. I'd think it'd cost 2 firsts in the teens and 2 seconds at a starting point.

Does Bailey go to the club anymore? He’s been posting all his footy and gym stuff for the last two weeks from Sorrento (wtf).
He was for a while you can sense something has changed in the past month or so.

It's just waiting until the end of the season for what now seems like a mutual parting of ways.

Get two first rounders for baz
Trade one first and baz to Port for butters
Trade the other first and vdm (anb replacement) to Melbourne for trac
Post served as a reminder that we're getting dangerously close to the Mccraebf time of year. Strap in everyone.

Even worse - Coffield is with them, the bloke they took before Naughton

Forgot about Coff, that's just as funny, even without Petracca.

Used pick 8 on him, eventually trade him out a few years later with pick 56 and get pick 40 back. (Unlucky with his injuries, I know.)

Meanwhile pick 9 from the same draft, 140 games, 219 goals, vice captain... so far.

Then there's the Bont v Billings and Petracca v McCartin choices...

Forgot about Coff, that's just as funny, even without Petracca.

Used pick 8 on him, eventually trade him out a few years later with pick 56 and get pick 40 back. (Unlucky with his injuries, I know.)

Meanwhile pick 9 from the same draft, 140 games, 219 goals, vice captain... so far.

Then there's the Bont v Billings and Petracca v McCartin...
They had two picks before Naughton. Hunter Clark went one pick before Coffield. Amazing

Something has definetly changed lately. Think he also removed the bulldogs tag from his Instagram page.
He'll probably just get his PA to clear out the 37 mirrors in his locker

If we can turn Baz into Petracca that would be huge. He still has at least an elite 4 years left. Turning 29 next year.

We would absolutely be premiership favourites coming into 2025 with a midfield of Bont, Petracca, Treloar, Richards, Libba.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 3rd rounder at absolute best, possibly even a pick swap. 24 year old fringe player who has played 8 games and is out of contract. Pies have zero leverage or justification at asking for more.

We do need to upgrade the VDM role. If we identify that role as a selfless, fast and hard running role, it needs to be filled by someone who has some basic semblance of ball handling and skill. It would be a massive upgrade to have anyone there with AFL level skill if they can replicate what the coaches ask.
Actually think Richards would get slightly more than this especially if there is competition for him. Might be 24 but drafted as a mature ager and this is only his second year in the AFL system if I’m not wrong. Looked very promising in his first few games before injury. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a late 20’s/early 30’s pick for him if he does move

Baz at the dogs
Me: He's a genuinely nice guy, good on him for making the most out of his marketing.

Baz not at the dogs
Also me: showboating pussy...
Ultimately I think most of us would feel the same. If the marketing and showboating didn't affect his footballing ability and commitment to the club's overall goal as a team then we didn't have a problem with it (nor should we).

When it begins to affect his playing ability, commitment and general well being, that's when we as supporters should take issue with the outside football stuff. He is still paid first and foremost as a player and representative to the football club.

Can’t help but feel that with B Smith, the juice isn’t worth the squeeze.

Comes with lots of baggage.

Club supports him through that little white powder issue, his mental health issues, his off field 'brand' and the drama that he comes with and during his ACL recovery the club says 'yeah sure, go on a mid season European jaunt'.

Now, he's clearly checked out (despite still being a paid employee of the club) ready to kick us to the kerb.

We owe him nothing, just sick of the circus and ready for the club to get all it can for him.

Seems like Baz and the Dogs are parting ways , however I will carry with me the memories of euphoric highs of 2021.
Lost but not forgotten. (Utill he's in gold and brown)

Dodoro has left essendon. Time to make a play for any decent players they have.
The players I'd want from Essendon would form a very short list.

Ridley to regain form as an intercept defender would be nice though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back