Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

The best we could've possibly got was a pick immediately following our first (now owned by the Suns) so pick 13 which would become pick 14 after Saints get pick 6 as compensation for Battle.
Has that loop hole been closed since last year?
How did norf get a great pick for McKay?
Top 4

Hearing saints are coming hard for Baz. Made a huge offer for him.

Would be way better for us.

Also same person told me he doesn't really want to go down to Geelong.

Makes a lot of sense for the saints to go hard. Their midfield is horrid and he would bring a lot of marketability to what I consider a bland team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
And they have a massive cap to splash, and Steele is slowing down.
Ross loves his runners and Baz covers ground. Saints could easily blow everyone else out of the water with a monster offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would actually love Bailey Smith to go to St Kilda, heard enough of annoying Geelong and Hawks supporters this year. Better for us in what we can get in a trade and also means we’ll never see Bailey win a flag at another club

Why exactly would Smith go to the Saints? I presume he wants to go to a "big" club for his personal brand, what do the Saints offer that we don't besides maybe a slightly bigger salary for a few years?
I would imagine the contract would have to be a bit more significant then a slight increase.
In terms of marketing though maybe he'd prefer to go to Saints given they have no one pulling attention from him. At the dogs he had the Bont, Flea, astronaught, Marra and Darce at the Hawks, CJ, Ginni, Duke and the Wizard at the cats De Koning, Stewart, Jezza taking over from Danger and Tomahawk. At the Saints who would steal his lime light...King?

I would imagine the contract would have to be a bit more significant then a slight increase.
In terms of marketing though maybe he'd prefer to go to Saints given they have no one pulling attention from him. At the dogs he had the Bont, Flea, astronaught, Marra and Darce at the Hawks, CJ, Ginni, Duke and the Wizard at the cats De Koning, Stewart, Jezza taking over from Danger and Tomahawk. At the Saints who would steal his lime light...King?
It’s the extra years on the contract too. The difference between Smiths first half of the 2022 season vs the second half of the 2023 season is probably $500k/year. With uncertainty over how he comes back it’s pretty enticing if (as rumoured) another club is going to lock you in as a top 40-50 paid player in the competition for the next 5 years.

King is over-hyped. If he doesn’t mark it, he’s a witches hat. Baz would be their poster boy for years.

Personally don’t see it happening, but if he goes there you know it’s all about the dollar

I am a bit surprised St Kilda haven't been mentioned as a suitor for Bailey Smith, given they are based where Baz wants to be.

The following would be a pretty good outcome for all parties;

• We make a band 1 offer for Battle.
  • StKilda use the their first to get Baz (knowing they have the next pick anyway).

As a result;

• Baz gets a fat contract, starting midfield position and a south east suburbs base,
  • Saints turn Battle (who was gone anyway) into a badly needed pacy, burst midfielder,
  • We turn Baz into Battle and a top 6-8 pick.
Happy to hear of StKilda interest in Baz. Posted the above several weeks ago. Fingers crossed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back