Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m surprised interest from other clubs hasn’t happened prior to the GC announcement.

Tigers is another club that would be a perfect result for all.

Desperate for young mids, cap space, have a huge supporter base/reach for Baz’s ego, he gets to play in front of 60k plus at the G every other week, and they have a heap of currency to make it happen.

I wonder if the club has made attempts to make a deal with other clubs, hence the GC medical.

Wouldn’t surprise. They may have said to Baz, we’ll make sure a trade gets done, but you need to look at other clubs.
He's more appealing to teams that see him as a missing piece to a flag given he's a unique player with extreme strengths and weaknesses imo. Teams that see his hard running and positional versatility as an asset and can overlook his kicking. Bad teams would rather rounded players IMO.

It may get done but will not be announced till last minute to maximise B Smith name been highlighted for max period
If Baz picks the Suns it will be agreed deal on the first day. Imagine they play the game till near the end then announce it so some time left if there is other opportunities available

I'd trade Jamarra for Bailey Fritsch. We've got surplus tall forwards and I reckon Fritsch would complement Naughton and Darcy better as that third tall. Very solid player is Fritsch, despite the private all-boys school w***er look of him.
There’s still time to delete this post, Scrag.

I’m surprised interest from other clubs hasn’t happened prior to the GC announcement.

Tigers is another club that would be a perfect result for all.

Desperate for young mids, cap space, have a huge supporter base/reach for Baz’s ego, he gets to play in front of 60k plus at the G every other week, and they have a heap of currency to make it happen.

I wonder if the club has made attempts to make a deal with other clubs, hence the GC medical.

Wouldn’t surprise. They may have said to Baz, we’ll make sure a trade gets done, but you need to look at other clubs.
Was thinking similar recently. The Tigers are on the clock with their rebuild before the draft becomes compromised with Tas entering. They’ve lost or about to lose Baker, Martin, Prestia and Bolton. @23yo Baz would be perfect for them.

Regarding Jack Macrae, I'm going to let sentiment get in the way here. He is one premiership dog that I never, ever want to see in another team's colours. He is such a no fuss, team-oriented professional and has been such a great player for us. I still think he has something to offer. I really hope he retires as a one-club player.
Agree but he like smith is out the door. Take it to the bank. Caleb maybe be also if he finds a suitor

Would not miss Baker.

At his age you really need to be getting a regular game and he’s been nowhere near that this season.

Cleary has looked ok in a few games but seems too far back in the pecking order.
You also need mature aged guys like Baker ready to come in and play when called on. Pre season signing, would be on close to minimum

Look at the Dees after they moved on their mature fringe like Harmes and Jordon, couple injuries and they were in trouble

You also need mature aged guys like Baker ready to come in and play when called on. Pre season signing, would be on close to minimum

Look at the Dees after they moved on their mature fringe like Harmes and Jordon, couple injuries and they were in trouble
True, but we have Scott signed for next year to be that mature, play in all parts of the ground depth (cheap)

We already have guys like JJ,, McNeil, Scott, Harmes etc as well as guys like Clarke and Jones who want to win a spot.

He’s a long way off our best side. If someone else would offer him an opportunity I think it’s in everyone’s interests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree but he like smith is out the door. Take it to the bank. Caleb maybe be also if he finds a suitor
Can’t hold it against him.

I’d obviously rather have him on the list but he’s been nudged out of the best side and presumably wants to be a starting mid.

As long as there’s reasonable compensation for him and Smith it’s ok. We’ve got a strong young group emerging and supplementing it with some more quality youth will help for the next push. He’s probably getting $700k+ as a depth player.

Knows where to be, and when to be there. For his age, his understanding of field positioning is elite. It’s no wonder the coaches have given him the amount of game time they have. Plays like a 200 gamer.
Agree wholeheartedly, which is particularly striking when you consider that he's still 18 and playing in a different role to what he played as a junior.

Can’t hold it against him.

I’d obviously rather have him on the list but he’s been nudged out of the best side and presumably wants to be a starting mid.

As long as there’s reasonable compensation for him and Smith it’s ok. We’ve got a strong young group emerging and supplementing it with some more quality youth will help for the next push. He’s probably getting $700k+ as a depth player.

I'll be very sad if I ever see him in other colours.

I do find it hard to believe that we can't find a role for a barely 30 year old Macrae when a 45 year old Pendlebury who can barely muster up more than a jog can be one of the better players in a Premiership team

Sanders, Gallagher and Garcia need to play - why should keep Macrae and Daniel?

I know it’s harsh, but we can’t sit still forever.
Macrae in particular is light years ahead of the last two.

I love Garcia’s attitude and tenacity but there’s a reason he doesn’t stay in the team.

If Daniel and Macrae are performing at a level that warren'ts selection why do the others need to play?

I watched Macrae and Daniel last year against the giants in Ballarat.

They simply could not keep up with some of the Giants players.

I agree their ball skills are elite, but we cannot win a flag with a slow midfield.

I'm glad to see Daniel and Macrae play well, but it was against an awful awful North side.

I'm worried particularly about Daniel against a bigger bodied Giants midfield.

It would be great to see them get a bit of form before finals, but let's not overreact to one good game against subpar opposition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back