Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

How is Caddy meh?
He isn't. He's the best player Essendon have drafted since Merrett (am aware that's not saying a lot). I would have him in a heart beat, if we didn't already have a forward line stacked with KPFs. He's obviously going to be an Essendon player for a long time but Melbourne drafting Caleb Windsor (who I rate highly) over Nate Caddy will hurt them in the long term, imo.

Merrett is elite. One of the best

Yep, gun from day dot and getting better. Worst part of it is that it was our pick that he was drafted to the Bombres with!

Seemed somewhat cheap at the time but with the cloud over the supplement saga - we should have passed on Crameri.

Would be wayyyy too expensive.

21 year old small forward signed until 2029, who's kicked 30.17 and has also got 18 goal assists.

He’s being omitted this week, I don’t think he & the club are on the best of terms.

A little bit of buyer beware involved, but the price of a trade could become pretty fair considering his contract.

There's no Essendon elite talent that I'd be overly interested in pursuing because they're either pipe dreams or would cost too much. There are, however, cheaper options that I would look at:

• Peris (ave 4 tackles a game, 14 touches and can kick a goal.)
  • Lual (People like him, not sure how closer watchers see him now.)
  • Jr Davis (Genuine small forward)
-Tsatas (I know some don't rate this kid, but he's ave 30 possies and 4 tackles a game in the VFL against men. Decent stats.)

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would be wayyyy too expensive.

21 year old small forward signed until 2029, who's kicked 30.17 and has also got 18 goal assists.
Would have to sell him midfield time aswell.

I’m not sure he has much more than short spurts in him as a midfielder. Don’t know if his defensive game is good enough.

I’d be enquiring about Josh Rachele.
Pretty sure I reported it before the season even started, but knowing the Rachele's through work and having a few convos with Josh, I reckon you could easily pry him out of Adelaide, it's just dealing with his contract / trade collateral that's the hard part.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm delighted to inform everyone that JUH's supposed family member, who has been reliably informing bomberblitz since 2020 that JUH is desperate to be at Essendon and will get there ASAP, is still going as of July 28

View attachment 2087052
How can I get my hands on that t-shirt!!!!! I want!!!

Mitch Cleary on Sen

Bailey Smith (Western Bulldogs)​

On it being a 'done deal' to Geelong:

“I think it's where he'll end up.

“I’m very wary of saying ‘done deals’ because even in June-July last year, we all thought Tom Barrass was a done deal to Sydney and then it cooled late.

“So you never say it's completely over the line, but this is as good a done deal as you can get for an out-of-contract player, as opposed to a free agent. Bailey Smith is purely out of contract.

“I think it's pretty close to a done deal for Geelong next year, and everyone at the Bulldogs has got their head around the fact that he won't be playing for them next year.”

Mitch Cleary on Sen

Bailey Smith (Western Bulldogs)​

On it being a 'done deal' to Geelong:

“I think it's where he'll end up.

“I’m very wary of saying ‘done deals’ because even in June-July last year, we all thought Tom Barrass was a done deal to Sydney and then it cooled late.

“So you never say it's completely over the line, but this is as good a done deal as you can get for an out-of-contract player, as opposed to a free agent. Bailey Smith is purely out of contract.

“I think it's pretty close to a done deal for Geelong next year, and everyone at the Bulldogs has got their head around the fact that he won't be playing for them next year.”

This isn’t even news at this point.

All that we’re interested in now is what we’re getting for him.

This isn’t even news at this point.

All that we’re interested in now is what we’re getting for him.
Hawthorn are doing a much better job at not letting their interest leak out to the media, but I have my intel they're just as interested as Geelong.

He might (even probably) will still end up at Geelong so there's no real way to disprove what Cleary's saying but it shows you how ridiculous the media is sometimes. It isn't a done deal. Smith is still weighing up different clubs, but Cleary is only getting leaks from an overconfident Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back