Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s just Coffield I’m unsure of. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt as he’s not played much football in the last 3 years but you’d want to be seeing some improvement next year.

Such a shame about AOD. Especially given his athletic profile I think he would’ve been knocking on the door for senior selection at points this year.

Overall some pretty excellent recruitment by Sammy P and the boys. Let’s hope for the same again this year, starting with NOD taking his brothers #37 shirt ❤️

It’s just Coffield I’m unsure of. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt as he’s not played much football in the last 3 years but you’d want to be seeing some improvement next year.

Such a shame about AOD. Especially given his athletic profile I think he would’ve been knocking on the door for senior selection at points this year.

Overall some pretty excellent recruitment by Sammy P and the boys. Let’s hope for the same again this year, starting with NOD taking his brothers #37 shirt ❤️
I hope Coffield slims down a bit during the off season
Bring back some of his speed he had in his first couple of years

Because of the flexibility of others (and his own) I think Coffield is great depth even if he doesn’t get back to his 2020 form:
  • If Duryea or Bramble went down I’d back Coffield to come in and play small over anyone else (until JJ is fit)
  • If a KPD goes down I’d trust him over Buku or debuting Buss in a final. Hopefully Buss goes past him next year.
  • If a mid/wing goes down you rotate Freijah up the ground, Williams inside and Coffield slots into half-back.
  • If KPF or ruck misses you shuffle Lobb and rotate him in. Again hopefully Buss goes past him for this next year.

Look what Gags did today, and that is what we have been looking for, and partly why the coaches may be interested in Rayner. He's not a beast like Rayner, but he is developing a nice sidestep and is hitting team mates and the scoreboard.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app
He should always be in the team. Just need to get games into him and he will be a very solid player going forward. Love how he takes the game on.

He should always be in the team. Just need to get games into him and he will be a very solid player going forward. Love how he takes the game on.
If he cleans up his disposal he’ll be a real weapon moving forward. Would still like to see him trialled off half back, but seems to have a lot of goal sense when deployed in the forward half. Always seems to pop up with a goal.

Look what Gags did today, and that is what we have been looking for, and partly why the coaches may be interested in Rayner. He's not a beast like Rayner, but he is developing a nice sidestep and is hitting team mates and the scoreboard.

I hope Gags trains with Richards all off season and pre season
Feel like he could develop into that type of player

If he cleans up his disposal he’ll be a real weapon moving forward. Would still like to see him trialled off half back, but seems to have a lot of goal sense when deployed in the forward half. Always seems to pop up with a goal.
The upside is there - applies a good amount of pressure/tackling, has a desire to drive the ball direct to goal by dipsoal or run and carry, and has proven he's a decent enough around the goal this year. This game was his best or at least second best in about 12 or 13 games since R3. Like you say, if he just cleans up his disposal, he could be very good.

Could have had another goal as well. No idea why he didn't take the shot in the 4th Q when he broke loose in the forward pocket, only 40m out on a 45 degree angle. Had all the time to steady out and take a shot, instead did a 10m short kick to a crowded section of the forward line which went straight back to GWS. But had a very good game otherwise.

Gags seemed to have the intensity dialled up yesterday, a very good sign in such a big match.

I especially liked his defensive game, Before yesterday, he'd averaged 2.8 tackles a game, yesterday it was a clear career high (and game high) 9.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edmund reporting Brisbane are keen on Bailey Smith. Reckons that Dunkley will mentor him and it's appealing to the ol' Baz.

Edmund reporting Brisbane are keen on Bailey Smith. Reckons that Dunkley will mentor him and it's appealing to the ol' Baz.

That really sounds like something a bigfooty poster would come up with.

Nick Hind delisted, can't help but feel he could be a decent depth option.

Can play down back / up forward and still got a bit of a pace to him.

Brisbane do seem to have a penchant for players that can't kick a football straight when the heat is on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back