Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think Pickett would be in our best 22. He would struggle to run the patterns that VDM and McNeil do.
Agreed Scrag. Not enough understanding of structure, and his repeat sprint numbers are way down.

It's funny how his homesickness didn't occur in any of the previous off-seasons but is happening now when there's much publicised issues and multiple other good players wanting out.

Previous seasons some of the players didn’t have homesickness because they didn’t have kids.

It would be absolutely hilarious if the Melbourne fire sale led to a domino effect that somehow resulted in us retaining Bailey Smith (which can't be ruled out).

This is why you are firm but professional and polite to players like Smith. We'll continue to offer the same two-year deal that takes him through free agency with a respectful, professional understanding that he might want to go elsewhere as a free agent. Other clubs that have offered him big deals may blow that up and change those terms and piss him off to chase Petracca or fit Oliver in their salary cap or go after any of these players.

We are not retaining B Smith.

Listening to Bev the other week and Bains this morning they know he’s gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember how flat I felt the night of the 2019 draft when I really wanted Pickett and the Dees pinched him 3 picks before us which left me thinking we landed the B side. How wrong I was. Not only has Cody developed into a better player, he’s also the barometer of the team and absolute heart and soul figure around the club who drives the great culture that’s been created. A culture that I wouldn’t want someone like Kosi anywhere near.

Have we actually been linked to Houston at all (besides "Dogs should go after him")?

Also any talk of Petracca is pointless. Even if he does decide to leave there's no way he ever picks us. And he's not the kind of trade we should be going after anyway, the cost would be astronomical. We shouldn't be selling the farm for a 28yo mid, not even for a star like him.
We are one of the clubs that are seeking to see if we can get him

North got rid of their blokes by choice. These Richmond guys seem to wanna go. And they’re getting something back for them. Can’t compare at all.

Exactly, but Richmond’s kids are also better than what Norf’s were.

Their decision to get rid of Boomer was their Harambe moment - everything has gone to shit since.

He could easily have played another year at absolute minimum.

What did Bains say, Dog36?

Basically said that they have had a contract in front of him, they have not pushed him for a decision and they have made sure they have looked after him physically and mentally with his recovery.

Bains said Sam Power is working on all scenarios without been 100 % certain of anything but Sam is not naive. This was said in the context of are we at the stage where players can tell clubs before seasons end what their intentions are.

Question was asked do you expect him to tell you he wants to go to Geelong ?

Answer was it is a high possibility but we are hopeful and he referred to English recent signing

It’s also what he didn’t say

Im summarising so others may have heard differently

Basically said that they have had a contract in front of him, they have not pushed him for a decision and they have made sure they have looked after him physically and mentally with his recovery.

Bains said Sam Power is working on all scenarios without been 100 % certain of anything but Sam is not naive. This was said in the context of are we at the stage where players can tell clubs before seasons end what their intentions are.

Question was asked do you expect him to tell you he wants to go to Geelong ?

Answer was it is a high possibility but we are hopeful and he referred to English recent signing

It’s also what he didn’t say

Im summarising so others may have heard differently

Spot on. My advice to anyone who is still holding onto some level of hope is to start processing it now because no way in hell is he staying!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back