Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's so very unpopular but I'd have a hard time saying no to a Petracca for Naughton trade.
Despite all the posters having a crack at you here, I actually agree with you... if the argument was purely sporting.

Petracca was/will continue to be a top 3-5 player in the league. Naughton will play three times as many games, but a sub-All Australian level performance is only worth one-third of the top-end best players in the league. That is true. I don't think many here understand how good Petracca is and just how much more likely we are to win games if he were in our team.

However, this isn't a sports video game.

You just don't make trades of young leaders that you drafted and convinced to commit to the club for several years, as that's now how you build clubs, institutions, over the long term. So I obviously wouldn't make the trade, even if I think you're more right than the replies in terms of the value-add each player will have for the rest of their careers.

We don’t need any more or less indigenous players. We need the best players available. Please please no woke garbage of getting players on because of their race or religion.

Agreed.

Everything these days is about ticking boxes race and gender wise. A footy team should not be.

We don't need to have X amount of diverse players on our list. We just need the right players.

Petracca was/will continue to be a top 3-5 player in the league. Naughton will play three times as many games, but a sub-All Australian level performance is only worth one-third of the top-end best players in the league. That is true. I don't think many here understand how good Petracca is and just how much more likely we are to win games if he were in our team.

Dont assume Naughton wont get better - hes a 24yo keypo that has had to play as the main target in a side that was shite at delivering the ball inside 50. And hes currently nursing a knee ligament.

I look forward to a fit naughton once again roaming between the arcs as we was just before he got injured

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wayyy over the top reaction to someone saying it’d be good to have some more indigenous players. The assumption that they wouldn’t be on our list on merit is absolutely wild.
I mean... The club only have a Reconciliation Action Plan, NGA and have publicly stated numerous times that we need to do more to bring through Aboriginal talent & strengthen ties with the community.

I mean... The club only have a Reconciliation Action Plan, NGA and have publicly stated numerous times that we need to do more to bring through Aboriginal talent & strengthen ties with the community.
Hey
Don't provide facts in this thread

Bloody wokert

Interesting the dees seem to a have culture problem and have done nothing. Then on top of that they make bad medical decisions with Petracca plus now he seems to become I focused.

The dogs acted reasonably quickly on their culture problems Stringer, Dalhaus and Hunter. I think we need thank Bevo and Bont for this action.

We lost Dunkley possibly partly because of culture (maybe not moving quickly enough on Hunter) and we will lose Bailey probably because he wants more exposure to his brand. Happy he goes if he not willing to buy in with the group providing we get fair compensation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back