Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

We've gone through a big chunk of the year with Daniel and/or Macrae in the VFL. Lipinski has similar strengths and weaknesses as a player. You think he'd play ahead of them?

He wouldn’t because Bevo didn’t rate him. I shouldn’t have said best 23 when he was here either because Lipinski was just on the outer when everyone was available. But he couldn’t get a game when both Dunkley and Treloar were out for a significant chunk, so thats where he stood.

Daniel certainly, as much as I love him I think his only position at AFL level should be the designated kicker, meh defending half back and while we have Dale there, you can’t play Daniel there. I don’t think Macrae should have been as in and out as he was and Lipinski is probably better at that half forward role that Macrae has been given this year.

He wouldn’t because Bevo didn’t rate him. I shouldn’t have said best 23 when he was here either because Lipinski was just on the outer when everyone was available. But he couldn’t get a game when both Dunkley and Treloar were out for a significant chunk, so thats where he stood.

Daniel certainly, as much as I love him I think his only position at AFL level should be the designated kicker, meh defending half back and while we have Dale there, you can’t play Daniel there. I don’t think Macrae should have been as in and out as he was and Lipinski is probably better at that half forward role that Macrae has been given this year.
I'd personally have Macrae way ahead of Lipinski in a high half forward role.

I'd personally have Macrae way ahead of Lipinski in a high half forward role.

Fair enough. Either way I don’t think we’ve used Macrae particularly well this season and I don’t think he should have been in and out as much as he was. Its fine that he is behind the main four (Bont, Libba, Treloar, Richards) in the midfield rotation but it was a little silly that he didn’t get midfield time when one or both of Libba and Richards were out.

We probably wouldn’t have found out Richards was an a grade midfielder if they weren’t so adamant that we would only play Bont, Libba and Treloar in there at the start of the year so it probably ended up working well that Macrae was an outcast this season.

Fair enough. Either way I don’t think we’ve used Macrae particularly well this season and I don’t think he should have been in and out as much as he was. Its fine that he is behind the main four (Bont, Libba, Treloar, Richards) in the midfield rotation but it was a little silly that he didn’t get midfield time when one or both of Libba and Richards were out.

We probably wouldn’t have found out Richards was an a grade midfielder if they weren’t so adamant that we would only play Bont, Libba and Treloar in there at the start of the year so it probably ended up working well that Macrae was an outcast this season.
Macrae has only played 3 VFL games this season and maybe only a qtr as the sub.

Macrae has only played 3 VFL games this season and maybe only a qtr as the sub.

He played 15 full games and 3 games as the sub. Didn’t attend a centre bounce in 10 of his last 12 games he did. I’m hoping he is in the 22 for the final because I think we’re a better team with him in it but I don’t think we used him very well this season

He played 15 full games and 3 games as the sub. Didn’t attend a centre bounce in 10 of his last 12 games he did. I’m hoping he is in the 22 for the final because I think we’re a better team with him in it but I don’t think we used him very well this season

Buckley pointed it out in a few of the games earlier in the year that Macrae was caught ball watching and not getting into defensive position. I believe he's been one of the main culprits as to why we've been cut up at centre clearance over the last few years and then a run of goals happens. I think Bevo has lost trust in Macrae and is trying to teach him that he needs to be able to defend. That's why he's been in and out of the side and not taking many centre bounces anymore.

Butters just declared his love for Bont in his AA interview

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF
He did have a poster of bont in his room allegedly so no surprise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Near the top of the Dillon/Kane agenda needs to be fixing the compo issue, not wildcard round or some other shitty initiative to let them continue making the game worse.

I don’t really want to live in a world where Ben McKay & Josh Battle are worth the “compensation” of a high top 10 draft pick.
So they’ll change it just in time for Jamar’s or someone to walk for nothing….not even a Buddyesqe Pick 19

You could probably say goodbye to Marra if the Dogs actively traded out Naughton. Stable ponies.
That would be the bulldogiest thing ever. Sign Naughton to a long term contract and then actively trade him, which costs us two of our key forwards - which is the best forward line time in my lifetime….prob replace them with Baku and Gardy

Naughts is still only 24. Petracca is only like a month younger than Bont.

I’d rather see Naughts kick another 300 odd goals for us and have our forward line set for the next 5 years than see 80 odd games of Chef Petracca doing his football side-hustle with us.
We e already had a chef on the list….we know where that ended up

Naughton seems very important to the culture. No way would I support trading him out.

The bounty would be ****ing huge if he went after signing a 8 year deal.

I expect Melbourne to offer obscene money to a player to save face in this debacle.

No idea who they could pursue to come. Cadman might be an option if keen on a forward and he gets dropped for finals. Reckon a midfielder is a bigger priority of Petracca goes.
We’d get a late first round and a future 4th, with knives going back the way we’ve been bent over lately

View attachment 2096462

This is from a Mick Warner piece and thought the third paragraph here was more than a little threatening :oops:
We were the victims of Melbournes culture in 2021. They were disgusting premiers. Most ungracious winners ever

I sleep well knowing they had to win it in Perth and their supporters couldn’t see it live

I feel a bit like Aker with all the news that has come out lately, wondering if they were on something that season

Loving that the karma bus has rolled right over Melbourne. Haven't seen any supporter base become such a massive bunch of arrogant flogs after winning a flag. Screw them, hope more misery comes their way.
They were always flogs mate, right up there with Essendon, Hawks and Saints

Lipinski left long ago that it's a bit pointless looking at sliding doors, in my opinion. Do we do the same trade to target Sanders in the draft if we still had Lipinski, for example?

It's also a bit of a misconception that we didn't rate Lipinski. By all accounts we offered him a more-or-less identical three-year contract to Collingwood. He was trying to push himself into the team that was one of the best in the league and premiership favourites at times (ie there's always going to be good players missing out in good teams), especially because in 2021 our midfield was probably as deep as any team has been in the last few years with Macrae, Bont, Libba, Dunkley, Treloar and Smith in the team at the time.

We couldn't even give enough midfield minutes to Dunkley (41% of CBAs attended), Treloar (34% of CBAs attended) and Smith (29% of CBAs attended), let alone Lipinski, in 2021.

He still managed to get 20+ touches in 4/8 games he played full minutes in in 2021, despite playing out of position as a wing/half forward (which is pretty impressive).

He left on reasonably good terms, but just the reality of the fact that he was given more opportunity at Collingwood and was happy to move forward with his career in a different environment.

Apparently, Tom Morris was on SEN this morning, saying that Bailey Smith and his manager were more than happy to talk with anyone offering six years.

Apparently, Tom Morris was on SEN this morning, saying that Bailey Smith and his manager were more than happy to talk with anyone offering six years.
Shit manager.

Sign the 2 at the dogs, prove your worth and your movement post ACL, get to FA, and sign on big money elsewhere.

Bailey Smith

“His manager has told clubs that if you want to get in the room with him, we’d like a six-year deal for him. I’d assume the Cats have put forward a six-year deal already.”

I think it just means he’s been offered 6 by the Cats already do his manager is telling any team that enquires they have to start there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back