Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think JJ will retire. If he was going to do that he would have done it when his calf fell apart while rehabbing a different mild soft tissue injury. Doubt he goes through all that rehab to get back then says nah I'm done.

I fully expect JJ on the list next year
Clubs been waiting for him to get healthy to discuss his future
Look good in the VFL after a long time off

Would be a big change of decision if he isn't at the dogs

1 more year for JJ methinks. Keith is done. He would be serious break glass emergency type next year if he’s around as Buss will make his move up from vfl. Just don’t see Keith wanting to play vfl all year even if offered another year, which I doubt. I suspect he retires. Bedendo delist - was hopeless on the weekend.

I fully expect JJ on the list next year
Clubs been waiting for him to get healthy to discuss his future
Look good in the VFL after a long time off

Would be a big change of decision if he isn't at the dogs
Would want to be heavily incentivised. Persistent soft issue injuries don’t get any better with age

Would want to be heavily incentivised. Persistent soft issue injuries don’t get any better with age
At this stage in his career, JJ would probably accept a bargain basement offer to extend. He won’t be getting any serious offers from other clubs at his age and injury history.

I think there’s still room on the list for one more season.

Out:
Bedendo (delist)
Smith (trade)
Keath (retire) or Khamis (trade) - not both
Garcia (trade)
O’Driscoll

It won’t be a massive list turnover but it gives us room for 3 or 4 draftees and an acquisition or two.

The year after you’re looking at JJ, Cleary, Scott & Baker as the main candidates to move on.

Bit of an exercise here.

While we are one of the lowest turnover teams, on average we still turn over just a tick under 8 players on average. I'm seeing a lot of posters only make 4 or 5 list changes which might happen, but the last 4 years we've been very consistent with the amount of changes and pretty much hit our average. So sticking to that, if Sam Power put a gun to your head and told you we need to cut 8 players who would they be?

I'd say these are the most likely to come under consideration. Trade, retire, delist do whatever.

Bedendo
Rypstra
Clarke
Keath
Scott
O’Driscoll
Smith
Garcia
Macrae
Daniel
Khamis
JJ

Last edited:
Bit of an exercise here.

While we are one of the lowest turnover teams, on average we still turn over just a tick under 8 players on average. I'm seeing a lot of posters only make 4 or 5 list changes which might happen, but the last 4 years we've been very consistent with the amount of changes and pretty much hit our average. So sticking to that, if Sam Power put a gun to your head and told you we need to cut 8 players who would they be?

I'd say these are the most likely to come under consideration. Trade, retire, delist do whatever.

Bedendo
Rypstra
Clarke
Keath
Scott
O’Driscoll
Smith
Garcia
Macrae
Daniel
Khamis
Delist: Bedendo, Rypstra
Trade: Smith, Khamis, Daniel
Retire: O’Driscoll, Keath, JJ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Solid numbers in the VFL
Small defender with pace?
I can totally understand the interest. NT boy too and a lot of kids from that pathway are late bloomers

I was just using the list provided (plus JJ) to get to the 8 list changes. I know real world they occupied the same spot but also real world, we won't have 8 outgoing.
If Smith is staying the same argument can be run.

Though he may be fit he cannot be match fit and will be know where near his best.

Players who are older are more likely to risk coming back early as it is likely their last shot.

At Smith's age he could have a long successful career by taking the full time to not only recover but a full pre season to build match fitness

Based on a journos comments and a couple of postings here too many a jumping down rabbit holes as if their is a fait acompli.

His own words a week ago are accurate. He was training with the team yesterday, not because he had too, he wanted too and they did to. He had not up to this date as he was in rehab and the club worked with him and his known issues to help him through.

He may well leave but the certainty from the media has already softened and they get many wrong

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes please

Time to play Bulldogs Bingo. I love this game.

Will a player linked to the Bulldogs by the media during the season:
A) Re-sign at their current club
B) End up at one of 16 other clubs
C) Request a trade to the Bulldogs (unexpected wildcard option!)

I was just using the list provided (plus JJ) to get to the 8 list changes. I know real world they occupied the same spot but also real world, we won't have 8 outgoing.

Ah yes missed JJ, just added him.

Is that inside word that we won't be won't be cutting that many? That's really only 7 list spots which is not many. The first 7 names I've got listed are the first ones I'd look at. Clarke will probably be moved to the rookie list which would give us 5 main list spots. That's really the minumum for me.

Ah yes missed JJ, just added him.

Is that inside word that we won't be won't be cutting that many? That's really only 7 list spots which is not many. The first 7 names I've got listed are the first ones I'd look at. Clarke will probably be moved to the rookie list which would give us 5 main list spots. That's really the minumum for me.
Yes I've been told only one or possibly two delistings with other changes coming via trade or retirements.
I see it currently as being 6 list vacancies ( 5 main + 1 rookie).
Likely one player traded in, 3/4 picks in the draft, one in the rookie draft and a DFA signing if only 3 taken at the draft.

Why? We have plenty to offer.

We'll see but I imagine one of his reasons he'd leave was for the opportunity to be a starting inside midfielder. Played that role well this year after an opportunity due to injuries but often gets pushed back in the queue when everyone is available. I'd say he is more likely to get that starting spot at a number of clubs before ours

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back