Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

After last night and last 8 or so weeks I really hope Lobb does not seek a trade. With another pre season and been trained as a defender he will go even better I think.

There was talk mid season he would seek a trade not sure or convinced anything has changed with the move to the backline. I fear he will seek a move.

Maybe those ITK can give an insight

After last night and last 8 or so weeks I really hope Lobb does not seek a trade. With another pre season and been trained as a defender he will go even better I think.

There was talk mid season he would seek a trade not sure or convinced anything has changed with the move to the backline. I fear he will seek a move.

Maybe those ITK can give an insight
No insight but his value has certainly increased and he’s contracted.

Absolute must keep now (and I was scathing of trading him in 10 weeks ago). In my defence not sure anyone saw him being a prime KPD.

Wrapped up in big contracts for Naughton and English. How good...

Another big contact for Ugle Hagan as well I guess.

At least they perform when we really need them... 😜
Naughton did ok, our best forward and best ruck, not sure if JUH was actually out there, but that is business as usual for him

Tim is a C grade ruck on a A grade wage and contract . The ageing midfielder group is finding it harder and harder to try and make English CB work look remotely effective .
There are many LM issues however Tim’s is right up there as a massive list clog . Such a shame given the huge investment Bevo has poured into him .
But this is on Bevo’s stubbon streak as well. He only wants a ruck that can roam and get lots of possessions. And Tim’s game style doesn’t stack up against the better teams. He’s a ruck/forward worth $500k and he’s actually surplus to our list profile needs.

We need someone to fly the flag. It’s been needed for ages. We have way more talent now than in 2016. What we don’t have is heart, soul and toughness. Guys like Picken, Morris and Clay Smith. The Mighty Ducks had the bash brothers. We need something.

And speed. Oh lord we’re so slow.

No insight but his value has certainly increased and he’s contracted.

Absolute must keep now (and I was scathing of trading him in 10 weeks ago). In my defence not sure anyone saw him being a prime KPD.

Not alone I can assure you of that.

We need someone to fly the flag. It’s been needed for ages. We have way more talent now than in 2016. What we don’t have is heart, soul and toughness. Guys like Picken, Morris and Clay Smith. The Mighty Ducks had the bash brothers. We need something.

And speed. Oh lord we’re so slow.
What I wouldn’t give for our very own Bash Brothers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Tim English contract will handicap us for the next 5 seasons.

Pretty dire to think about it but in most of our losses this year English has been smashed in the ruck.

We are paying a player 800k a season when you can get the same output from a 400k player.

And he’s been absolutely figured out. Make the ruck battle physical and if our mids have a day off then we will struggle.

Unfortunately we must get on the ruck merry go round and bring in a mature, physical ruck.

Lobb is a pure defender now, especially with Jones looking old. We can't risk English getting injured and having to rob both the forward line and defence to run Darcy and Lobb 50/50 through the ruck.

Smith is promising but Fort towelled him up last week. We need a mature stopgap, or someone like Meek who might blossom at another club.

Pretty dire to think about it but in most of our losses this year English has been smashed in the ruck.

We are paying a player 800k a season when you can get the same output from a 400k player.

And he’s been absolutely figured out. Make the ruck battle physical and if our mids have a day off then we will struggle.
I just hope against hope that Lachie Smith is a completely different style of player and doesn’t allow English to influence his game in any way, shape or form.

If we're stuck with him the work needs to start very early this pre-season to change up his body. Needs to put on 10kg in the core and not worry too much about covering as much ground.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bont’s poor game deserves more scrutiny.

Captain, best player in the comp, and he gets his hands on the footy 4 times across the 2nd and 3rd quarters. The time during the game the Hawks got on top.

Played well in the last, but that means f**k all when the games already lost.
Further to this, where was the rest of the leadership group when it counted?

Bont I feel has been slightly off in his body language for weeks now, I would imagine that carrying this team for most of the season has taken a toll on him. No man is an island and I would have expected the rest of our leaders to stand up in the second half but they were missing when it counted too

Not that concerned about English and his well documented deficiencies. Darcy is a lot stronger in the ruck and after another preseason I think we just rotate then more heavily when an opposition ruck is getting on top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back