Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yield to none.

This has to be about putting a line in the sand to stop us being pilfered by the big clubs, especially with JUH up next.
The Cats 1st and Future 1st have to be part of the deal.
With it sounding like we want one good 1st rounder, I can see it being just for their future 1st. We take the risk that they have another good year, they take a risk if they drop off.

With it sounding like we want one good 1st rounder, I can see it being just for their future 1st. We take the risk that they have another good year, they take a risk if they drop off.
I wouldt be happy with this at all. Future picks are inherently devalued by their nature. It's a pick for a guy you wont play until 2026 minimum froma side currently running deep in finals.

I wouldt be happy with this at all. Future picks are inherently devalued by their nature. It's a pick for a guy you wont play until 2026 minimum froma side currently running deep in finals.
It'd have to be the F1 plus their second round pick this year.
I'd be pushing for them to find an extra second rounder somewhere aswell.

If you keep accepting unders - you'll forever be offered unders by every other team. Smith won't be the last high value player to request a trade.
Which is why we should have done it already with Dunkley.
Happy to lose him for nothing through the PSD if the offer is just geelongs 1st + steak knives. It hurts the club to get nothing in return for quality 24yo mid we are crying out for, but it's better than getting walked over.

Richmond having pick 1 in the PSD
Which is fine if all we have to do is let Geelong know that they are guaranteed to miss out on him. If Richmond don't want him we'll take him one way or another through the PSD. We'll be fine because that's equalisation doing its job - as he's requesting a trade to a team that finished higher and not lower than us on the ladder.

I'm happy for the club to go full chaos mode if it's just pick 20ish. Pick value drops off steeply and by the time you're in the 20s the draft is a crapshoot. It's not even giving that much up to make a point.

It would also be endlessly funny
Under 50% of players taken in the 20s become long-term best 22 players.

I mean we’ve taken Dylan Addison, Toby McLean, Josh Dunkley, Kieran Collins, Jesse Wells, Will Minson and Charlie Clarke in that range. It’s a crap shoot by then.

They can GAGF if that’s it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you keep accepting unders - you'll forever be offered unders by every other team. Smith won't be the last high value player to request a trade.

True

It's about reaching that position which is fair for the trade based on the currency & value of the player. Power has a task ahead of him with this one.

I don't see how we don't point to examples like Izak Rankine and Adam Cerra that both went for top 5ish picks for the framework that Smith deserves to be a top 10 pick. His future career output is not less than the expectation of the draft pick we used on him in the first place, even after accounting for the fact that his career is almost halfway done.

Can someone confirm that he could actually nominate for the national draft?

I actually doubt he'd nominate PSD if thats the case. He'd probably nominate the national draft where he'd be much more likely to get through to Geelong. CLubs would be a lot more hesitant about using a high pick on him

Can someone confirm that he could actually nominate for the national draft?

I actually doubt he'd nominate PSD if thats the case. He'd probably nominate the national draft where he'd be much more likely to get through to Geelong. CLubs would be a lot more hesitant about using a high pick on him
Yes he can nominate for the National Draft i remember Luke Ball going down that path

Has anyone mentioned yet he has a massive modeling contract with Cotton On, who also sponsor the Geelong FC? He would be making more money off field than on it.

No surprise if he goes to geelong with a pay cut, Cotton On can make up for it by chucking an extra 500k on his contract

Has anyone mentioned yet he has a massive modeling contract with Cotton On, who also sponsor the Geelong FC? He would be making more money off field than on it.

No surprise if he goes to geelong with a pay cut, Cotton On can make up for it by chucking an extra 500k on his contract
Doubt it's that much. Would guess the Cotton On sponsorship to Geelong is $1M.

Under 50% of players taken in the 20s become long-term best 22 players.

I mean we’ve taken Dylan Addison, Toby McLean, Josh Dunkley, Kieran Collins, Jesse Wells, Will Minson and Charlie Clarke in that range. It’s a crap shoot by then.

They can GAGF if that’s it.

Now there is a name I'd forgotten!

Good riddance, you narcissistic, private school yupster. (Did I do that right?)

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back