Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope we get good deals for both Smith and Macrae.

We were unfortunate with the Dunkley trade and he wanted to go to Brisbane and they needed to retain their draft points for Ashcroft.

What ever happened to Caleb Graham?

Incredibly he’s still contracted until 2026.

There’s no point him coming here. We’re actually pretty sorted for key backs in 2025. When Jones (& then Lobb) move on is when we might have to target one. Buss & JOD will be fine as a supporting act for a couple more seasons.

Last edited:

Incredibly he’s still contracted until 2026.

There’s not point him coming here. We’re actually pretty sorted for key backs in 2025. When Jones (& then Lobb) move on is when we might have to target one. Buss & JOD will be fine as a supporting act for a couple more season.
I'm on record in saying that I'd have a team full of KPDs lol

I’m actually a bit surprised at the reaction to the Smith trade request. Absolutely no one thought he was staying.

We’ve had Brown, Dunkley, Ward etc in the past. We’ve always survived (and usually improved).

We’re probably not going to get what we would have got for him a few years back but if it significantly helps our draft hand just move on. Very much a caveat emptor situation for Geelong.

I’m actually a bit surprised at the reaction to the Smith trade request. Absolutely no one thought he was staying.

We’ve had Brown, Dunkley, Ward etc in the past. We’ve always survived (and usually improved).

We’re probably not going to get what we would have got for him a few years back but if it significantly helps our draft hand just move on. Very much a caveat emptor situation for Geelong.
In the case of Griffen, we thrived.
Hawks lost Buddy and immediately won two flags.

Baz contributed exactly zero this year, moving him on to get assets to trade for players to fill gaps in our list could well be a blessing.

Shouldve traded Smith to the Hawks for their first pick last year instead of being stubborn. That would have been Watson who kicked 25 points against us in a 37 point elimination loss.

I suspect we will get bent over. The Petracca move has been deemed too hard because of his contract size and the bigger clubs not having early picks. Then when it comes to Macrae (yes he's worth a lot less) but the media then say he will be a late pick due to his large salary.

Then our position on Baz is weakened due to being out of contract. Seems the media have us in a weak bargaining position no matter what the scenario is lolz

In the case of Griffen, we thrived.
Hawks lost Buddy and immediately won two flags.

Baz contributed exactly zero this year, moving him on to get assets to trade for players to fill gaps in our list could well be a blessing.

Less need for so many mirrors in the gym or the locker room.

Macca, always will be a Bullgod. Gutted to see the request but completely understandable considering how we're changing.

And not all is lost.

Been told tonight from a fairly reliable source that the Dogs will make a sizable offer to Butters this off season.

Have also heard this

Jamarra for Butters who says no?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shouldve traded Smith to the Hawks for their first pick last year instead of being stubborn. That would have been Watson who kicked 25 points against us in a 37 point elimination loss.

I suspect we will get bent over. The Petracca move has been deemed too hard because of his contract size and the bigger clubs not having early picks. Then when it comes to Macrae (yes he's worth a lot less) but the media then say he will be a late pick due to his large salary.

Then our position on Baz is weakened due to being out of contract. Seems the media have us in a weak bargaining position no matter what the scenario is lolz
Not enough concrete evidence out there that the Hawks ever offered pick 4 or that Smith requested a trade to them. More likely the Hawks backed themselves in to get him a year out when he was OOC.

Veteran Taylor Duryea and forward Lachie McNeil will remain at Mission Whitten Oval after signing fresh deals this week.

McNeil, 23, has signed on for two more seasons, while Duryea will play on into the 2025 season.

A two-time premiership player, Duryea played 22 matches this season, averaging 15 touches and five marks a game. A member of the Club’s leadership group, Duryea has continued to help develop the younger players within the program.
McNeil played 12 games this season, finding his place as a small forward within the side, averaging 12 touches and four tackles per game.

The pair follow in the footsteps of Buku Khamis, who signed on for two more seasons earlier this week.
Western Bulldogs General Manager of List and Recruiting, Sam Power, was pleased to lock away both players at the conclusion of the season.

“Taylor has had a very consistent year and remained a vital leader for the Club, both on and off the field,” Power said.

“Lachie continues to grow as a footballer and has played some important roles as a small forward this season.”

“We’re pleased that both players have remained at the Bulldogs into the future.”

McNiel signing on will annoy some here.

I'm OK with it
He was clearly going to be resigned but did we really need to give him two seasons?

We've already got prime delisting candidates Cleary, Gardner & Scott (yes he's solid he's nearly 30 now) that have been extended longer than they need to be.

Petracca and Macrae scenarios aren't comparable. Melbourne want to keep Petracca so it needs to be way overs to get him to leave, on the other hand we are happy for Macrae to leave as long as we get a fair offer.

Nobody. I would do it without blinking.

I disagree Dogs Rule.

JUH is a definite keep for me.

22 year old who has had 78 shots on goal in 24 and 70 in 23. A better conversion and we would not be having this conversation.

JUH types are harder to find than Butters types.

If you want Butters best wait another year and try not giving up a JUH

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back