Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Two years for McNeil is weird because he probably won’t get a game under the next coach in 2026.

Edit: Also, who the **** is coming after McNeil that the Bulldogs have to give him two years to make him stay?

Think I’m also with the consensus here… no need for more than 1 year for McNeil. He’s not going anywhere, and would be good to have the flexibility to delist next year if required, either in terms of form, new coach or simply flexibility on list spots.

I’m not familiar with Houston but can I ask why we’d burn dollars and draft picks on a half back?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The no 1 inside 50 kick in the competition.
He'd probably play more wing/mid rotation though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can take Andrew’s off the list remember his name being mentioned on here

AFL”s incompetence and circus that it is really hurt Melbourne

I would be angry if was to happen to Dogs

I’m not familiar with Houston but can I ask why we’d burn dollars and draft picks on a half back?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He's not "just" a half back. Excellent defensively and ball use. He was a rookie pick tho...so there to be found .

I for one, am ready for some new young faces running through our midfield.

We’re in a very fortunate position of having an elite young spine. A mini rebuild/evolution is the right idea.
Midfield is due for a rejuvenation as a number are at the back end of their career hence targeting Sanders before the cliff arrived. With picks from Smith and Macrae should be able to add some promising young mids

Yep from others have now told me, sounds like he’d be great. I just read somewhere that he’s a half-back but didn’t have anything else to go on
He started his career at HB and has played a lot of footy there.
Genuine gun in a few positions

Don't have an issue of 2 years for McNeil.

Some players thrive under the pressure of 1 year deals and you see other players produce their best football when they have the security of multiple years and can relax to some degree.

Bramble is a classic example of the latter. His form and consistency both went up a couple of notches again when he was offered an extension in June for the 2025 season.

It's the art of list management to work out what is going to give you the best chance of getting the optimum out of a player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back