Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL never takes any matters seriously if it impacts their game

by the letter of law, players who are drunk driving should be banned from the league
Since that's more dangerous than taking party drugs

Some of the best players in the league have been on 2 strikes for years and AFL will never ban them since it impacts their cash flow
I am not talking about the AFL. I am talking about the club and a society.

I am not talking about the AFL. I am talking about the club and a society.
We had 4 drug fiends on our list for 4 years that would do piggers on weekend after games
All clubs understand this stuff happens so they are already at a point of acceptance and teaching of substance control

Without derailing a thread too much
If legal version of these things were created, it would created a safer party environment as people that take drugs know they won't be slipped a chemical that could negativity react to them

Plus think all of the sweet sweet money we would make profiting off it

We had 4 drug fiends on our list for 4 years that would do piggers on weekend after games
All clubs understand this stuff happens so they are already at a point of acceptance and teaching of substance control

If legal version of these things were created, it would created a safer party environment as people that take drugs know they won't be slipped a chemical that could negativity react to them

Also, there's no particular evidence that AFL players take drugs any more (if anything it's less) than any male in their 20's who earns six figures living in the city. Both groups would be 50-70% in a year (yes, that's completely true).

Also, there's no particular evidence that AFL players take drugs any more (if anything it's less) than any male in their 20's who earns six figures living in the city. Both groups would be 50-70% in a year (yes, that's completely true).
As someone that works with Finance people
I'm shocked that stat isn't higher haha

If St Kilda offer 2 3rds for just Macrae, I would take that and run.

As for JUH, I will say the same thing I said earlier in the year when the same rumours were posted here. If the dogs can’t handle JUH and have to trade him, then just fold the club and move it to Tassie.
What if JUH isn't quite up to playing for the Bulldogs and we choose to trade him?

For mine, Darcy has gone passed JUH this season and we are committed to Naughton long term.

We have healthy tall stocks largely due to the father/son and academy picks and I've always thought that we would be prepared to off load a tall who retained broad market appeal if that suited the list.

What if JUH isn't quite up to playing for the Bulldogs and we choose to trade him?

For mine, Darcy has gone passed JUH this season and we are committed to Naughton long term.

We have healthy tall stocks largely due to the father/son and academy picks and I've always thought that we would be prepared to off load a tall who retained broad market appeal if that suited the list.
Yes Darcy has lapped JUH it isn't even funny. The narrative definitely changes if the dogs didn't have Darcy. If he doesn't pull his head in, trade JUH and bring in 2-3 of the best kids in the country.

Given Steven May was splashed all over the pages for having one beer, alone, quietly by himself while not bothering anyone - yeah I can understand players avoiding booze and doing what most guys in the 20s are now doing.

Given Steven May was splashed all over the pages for having one beer, alone, quietly by himself while not bothering anyone - yeah I can understand players avoiding booze and doing what most guys in the 20s are now doing.
One of the most gutter trash pieces of “journalism” I’ve ever seen.

Who ran with that story do you remember?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we won’t get what Macrae is worth but the guy is a star. M

Pre Trelor he was in the top 1/2 in possessions in the league and a walk up start for a team that went to two grand finals.

Unfortunately for him - Trelor came along and is just that bit better and with Red and Sanders coming through he can’t play to his strengths as a diesel 80 min possession machine. For us he has been insurance but no continuity and forced to act as an impact player that he isn’t.

I hold a grudge against most players that leave but for him I wouldn’t (unless he went to Essendope - all bets are off).

At least a dozen teams would be materially better with him starting in the guts and he would play whole games and thrive.

So pill testing? Nah, not really about that tbh. Drugs are illegal for a reason. If we're going to legalise them, then hopefully it'd be on the basis of scientific evidence that shows they're not harmful, or at least the harm can be minimised to the user only.
Kind of ironic that there is a big push to legalise drugs, yet over the past 30yrs cars have got significantly safer, yet speed limits are actually reducing. Crazy stuff in the scheme of things.

Yes Darcy has lapped JUH it isn't even funny. The narrative definitely changes if the dogs didn't have Darcy. If he doesn't pull his head in, trade JUH and bring in 2-3 of the best kids in the country.
Plus a developing Croft. We are probably the only team in the AFL that can afford to lose a quality tall. We just have to ensure we take better control of the process if it seems likely to take place.

Where was this mate
SEN this morning
In-demand GWS utility James Peatling has squandered all talks of a move away from the Giants, expressing his desire to resign with the club.

Previously linked to several clubs across the competition, The Sydney native was seemingly spoilt for choice regarding where he would look to play his footy in the coming years.

With his current deal fast approaching its end upon the conclusion of the 2024 season, the utility has confirmed that his loyalties lie with GWS.

“Everything is moving in the right direction,” he told SEN Mornings with Matt White.

“We are just taking our time with it, we wanted to focus on the finals and me playing consistent football because that’s something I haven’t done yet.

“Everything is trending in the right direction, and I love where this club is at so, hopefully we can get something done soon.”

When asked if he intended on staying put at the Giants, Peatling’s answer was as clear as day.

“Yeah, 100 per cent.”

With the contract talk put to bed, the former mid-season draftee can put all attention towards the Giants’ Semi-Final clash with Brisbane this coming Saturday.

The planets do align this off season to send JUH to the tigers.

We have an excess of KPF, they desperately need to add to their stocks.

They have a super draft hall to afford his price.

I wouldn't even ask for pick 1 given the even nature of the top 20 picks. Say a couple mid 1st rounders plus F1. Pick swaps to balance it if required. Maybe trade the F1 back into this draft?

Hit the draft with 3 or 4 picks inside 20?

Purely hypothetical of course cause JUH is a super star.

Wouldn't surprise me if tigers actually approach us about it?

These are the ballsy trades that build premiership lists.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back