Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

You do not trade guys like JUH out. Guy will be an absolute Jet. Darcy will not be a full forward, JUH is. Pls stop!!!
Also, it sends a shit message to any future prospect. Hey, we really really want you but might just trade you in a couple of years if we re-evaluate. This sort of stuff smashes your culture, player trust and commitment. Do this and players will continually be on the lookout for a better deal in case they are next to get tapped on the shoulder..

Whatever is going on down in Geelong, its finite. For all the stuff we're guessing thats happening in plain sight, it wasn't enough for them to keep GAJ off the GCS 14 years ago. All the talk about farm land being offered on the side etc... surely they would've kept GAJ. Or do we reckon this stuff happened after he left?

I know Bailey is out of contract and that can make it more difficult for us, but at the end of the day Geelong have courted him for 18 months. The onus is now on them to get the deal done and satisfy the bulldogs.

He can nominate for the draft if he likes but if Geelong have pick 20, good luck getting him even if you set a monster price on his head. Richmond will enjoy having him as a trade asset immediately.

The deal will get done and it’ll end up being fair value. It’s ****ing laughable the media trying to spoon feed us that his value is one pick around 20 when they’re also coming with Rioli being worth pick 6 and a second rounder. ****ing laughable.
Your optimism is reassuring. What do you consider fair value though?

What do you think 3 or 4?
Should hopefully get a couple picks for macrae and Baz to use this year and another for Baz next year. I think we already have two of our own.
4 youngsters would be nice.
Possibly more depend on who’s retiring or delisted.
3-4 Joel Friejahs would be ideal!!!

Surely Alex Keath doesn't go around again

Assuming Geelong moves up a few spots and we get something like pick 12-14. It’s not that hard to do in this points era.
Wondering if we could get our natural 1st back from GC. It’s going to get swallowed by Leo Lombard anyway so sending the Cats 1st and 2nd up for points might get it done or getting the cats next two 1st’s and getting change for the 2025 one certainly does.

The Cats 1st would be a fairer deal for Nobel anyway if GC are going to trade with the Pies for him. If they don’t then they can certainly use the total pick collateral to get Lombard and Rioli more readily.

Pick 13ish is very usable this draft.

Again. I'm not bashing Sanders the player. I'm bashing the Sanders deal. I didn't like it at the time and I still don't like it.
It's handicapped our ability to trade for a player like Huston. Highly unlikely that we land him without our natural first round pick.
And before anyone mentions the Cats pick we're going to get. Remember what we got for Dunkley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again. I'm not bashing Sanders the player. I'm bashing the Sanders deal. I didn't like it at the time and I still don't like it.
It's handicapped our ability to trade for a player like Huston. Highly unlikely that we land him without our natural first round pick.
And before anyone mentions the Cats pick we're going to get. Remember what we got for Dunkley.
On the surface it does look bad, but on points we basically paid GC pick 46 in a deal that got us Sanders at pick 6, Croft (after the 20% discount) and Freijah.

Picking up Freijah obviously makes the dela look better, but 2 first rounders and Joel for what we paid is a very good result.

I'm worried about Libba's slowdown so I'm guessing Sanders plays a lot of football for us next year.

Whatever is going on down in Geelong, its finite. For all the stuff we're guessing thats happening in plain sight, it wasn't enough for them to keep GAJ off the GCS 14 years ago. All the talk about farm land being offered on the side etc... surely they would've kept GAJ. Or do we reckon this stuff happened after he left?

How could anyone have said no to that deal?

The Suns even today with signings and trading picks are like a lotto winner that doesn't know what to do with their haul so goes out and showers $100 notes on a crowd.

Last edited:

What makes you think Carlton or Collingwood are in any better position than us?

Collingwood traded their first for Schultz. Their first is pick 32.

What about smiths pick? Doesn’t that get us back into similar territory as the blues?
I hope so. 🤞
But going off what we got for Dunkley. I'm not holding my breath.

I'd also guess any trade for Huston would have to involve Daniel going to Port.
Just looking at it from Port's point of view. I'd want picks at least in the top 10-12 for Huston.
Also they are box seat with 4-5 suitors for Huston. As far as I'm aware there isn't a bidding war for Smith as everyone is resigned to him going to Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back