Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he was and still is. He's useless in every other facet of the game other than stoppages. That said, I'm starting to think he's attributes are more important as a ruckman than English's and he'd suit our team better.

I am convinced that Sweet will suit our midfield and our team better

Wizard and Rioli best two players on the ground last night.

Elite small forwards are more valuable than overpaid key position forwards in finals.
Is that statistically accurate? Perhaps that’s how things are trending but the game does change. Once our forwards are older we should be in prime position

Think when Smith fills turns his puppy fat into muscle and gets his fitness up he’s the Nank type we need,

Been fairly impressed so far today
Agree it seens Smith will be that type but How far away is that?

Our midfield needs it now like yesterday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not ready to give up on Clarke, a massive position of need. Id give him another contract, worst case scenario maybe a delist and re-rookie but don't think that's necessary.

Keath and Bedendo shouldn't get new contracts. Id give Johannisen another year. He was solid at the start of the year and think he is fine as depth. I understand if they don't offer him a contract though, the best ability is availability.

Yes he was and still is. He's useless in every other facet of the game other than stoppages. That said, I'm starting to think he's attributes are more important as a ruckman than English's and he'd suit our team better.

I will die on the hill that we would have been better off playing English/Sweet in the same team, even if Sweet was rucking & otherwise on the bench. I feel we had the right team mix to cover those rotations, but we essentially never did it. That’s right on the coaches.

Somehow, there are a few resident ****wits on this board that couldn’t comprehend that argument and pointed out his lack of impact around the ground. Yeah cool, how about the fact he would have changed our midfield dynamic that they didn’t need to be so reactive to the opposition ruck? It’s like they had never watched another game outside of Bulldogs games in their life. They would have exerted less energy basically dictating the play instead of chasing/physically engaging their opponents as much as they need to.

The proof is in the pudding though. Sweet definitely isn’t costing Port games and is about to play a prelim, whilst we have our feet up watching the TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back