Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So no one thinks we'll try to find a way to get Artie off the list?

Watching him closely today. Come on.
I couldn’t believe the bagging for Cleary and Clarke on the game day thread yet Artie escaped scrutiny completely

He was worst on besides Bedendo

Trade: Macrae, Smith
Retire: JJ, Keath
Delist: Bedendo

Think we’ll give Clarke another year but I seriously don’t see it with him. Fumbles, poor skills and not a great decision maker. He’s able to consistently score in VFL but his mistakes at AFL level would be punished severely.

There’s a whole bunch that I wouldn’t care too much if we lost - Baker, Gardner, Scott, Cleary, Poulter. Not necessarily bad players but I can’t see them being AFL Best 22 long-term

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade: Macrae, Smith
Retire: JJ, Keath
Delist: Bedendo

Think we’ll give Clarke another year but I seriously don’t see it with him. Fumbles, poor skills and not a great decision maker. He’s able to consistently score in VFL but his mistakes at AFL level would be punished severely.

There’s a whole bunch that I wouldn’t care too much if we lost - Baker, Gardner, Scott, Cleary, Poulter. Not necessarily bad players but I can’t see them being AFL Best 22 long-term
Agree with most of this. Perhaps JJ gets another year?
What a lot of people keep forgetting is O'Driscoll is one in the retirements list also.
Most probably 5 or 6 changes this off season as others are still contracted until end of next year or beyond.

If the power lied with me, this is how I'd go.

Trade:
Smith
Macrae

Delist:
Keath
Bedendo
Clarke
VDM (paid out)
JJ

Rookie:
Rypstra

I would then go to the draft with any R1 and 2 picks, and then get hard-headed mature aged players. The type that would run through a brick wall to get the job done. Clay Smith, Briggs, Morris, M.Boyd types. I'd be going to the state leagues and looking at 2 stats: Tackles vs. Goals. Find the best small forwards who tackle and score.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

If the power lied with me, this is how I'd go.

Trade:
Smith
Macrae

Delist:
Keath
Bedendo
Clarke
VDM (paid out)
JJ

Rookie:
Rypstra

I would then go to the draft with any R1 and 2 picks, and then get hard-headed mature aged players. The type that would run through a brick wall to get the job done. Clay Smith, Briggs, Morris, M.Boyd types. I'd be going to the state leagues and looking at 2 stats: Tackles vs. Goals. Find the best small forwards who tackle and score.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Two of the top ten tacklers in the VFL are on our list, Orgill and Craig-Peters. Joel Trudgeon at Coburg is 20ish, averaged about 8 tackles and almost a goal a game as a midfielder. Billy Gowers is the leading goal kicker. Matt Johnson is up there for small forwards.

So no one thinks we'll try to find a way to get Artie off the list?

Watching him closely today. Come on.
If still persevere with arty. I believe he made good improvements second half of the year.
I am perplexed most say delist Clarke keep arty. Clarke a year younger and statistically he has arty covered. I agrrr Clarke has looked flat at times in second half of the year but to me it looks mental. Seem to lose confidence after his senior game. Definitely hope we keep him. Even if it’s as a rookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back