Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously have no idea where Caleb fits in next year, if at all.

I think the only role I think he can play at AFL level is the designated kicker off half back role that isn’t forced to defend too much. While Dale is fit he can’t play over him and I don’t think they can both play together. I don’t like him in the midfield, wing or half forward.

Could macrae get us pick 24 or am I dreaming?
Not if we want the Saints to pay anything close to his remaining owed salary worth over $2 million.

It's the third year that's going to limit our trade scope because the chance of him being an AFL-quality starting player as a 33 year old three year's time, with guaranteed salary, is much lower than just next year alone.

Can people stop judging last years trade on Sanders. The kid will be just fine, not every top 10 kid hits the ground flying like Reid Daicos etc. he was highly rated and will be completely fine next year.
Only his first year and looking forward to seeing his progression next year. He played quite well when we beat Geelong down at Kardinia Park.

His goal kicking was woeful, just like his top age year. Good everything else considering his build.

Incredible tank for a kid, let alone a tall. I really want him to develop behind the ball as he has gun CBD written all over him. Will end up with a huge TOG week to week as well which helps.
Gun Central Business District?

We don’t mind opposition fans coming here we just don’t like the ones that have been told something but still argue the point
That's not true, I ****ing hate Geelong and the entire pack of campaigners down there with the intensity of a billion white hot suns.

I seriously have no idea where Caleb fits in next year, if at all.
We all admire Caleb so much. And I know many times over the past few years we’ve put Caleb in the same category as Macrae, both are slow but that’s where the similarities end. But I thought a number of times this year that Macrae still has a lot to offer our club and as for Caleb the game may have gone past him? He’s not like Brent Daniels or Libba Senior or Watson, players with similar height limitations. He has his own tricks but are they evaporating?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if we want to move up in the trade

We could attach Pick 32 & Macrae for Pick 24
That's probably about right, but I'd hope we'd go more for Macrae + 44 for 24, which values Jack at around 39.

Presuming Geelong's first will be part of a Baz trade, that will leave us with 3 picks inside 32 in a deep draft.

Cerra was pretty decent last season and since his debut year in 2018 has played the following game totals:

21,20,17,18,18,23 (inc finals),11.

That's pretty decent durability. Because of his issues this year, and Carlton looking to clear cap + list spots, he is now a distressed asset and wouldn't cost a ton in a trade if the team trading for him took on his salary. With Smith and Macrae out, we should definitely have room if we wanted him.

Now whether or not he fits in our midfield is another question, he definitely doesn't "suck", and I wouldn't be unhappy pursuing him if the club felt they could get his body right and can fit his skillset in. He's still only 24 years old and could be a decent replacement for the post Treloar / Libba years that are rapidly approaching.

Cerra was pretty decent last season and since his debut year in 2018 has played the following game totals:

That's pretty decent durability. Because of his issues this year, and Carlton looking to clear cap + list spots, he is now a distressed asset and wouldn't cost a ton in a trade if the team trading for him took on his salary. With Smith and Macrae out, we should definitely have room if we wanted him.

Now whether or not he fits in our midfield is another question, he definitely doesn't "suck", and I wouldn't be unhappy pursuing him if the club felt they could get his body right and can fit his skillset in. He's still only 24 years old and could be a decent replacement for the post Treloar / Libba years that are rapidly approaching.
Does that put Sanders back into the VFL for most of next year?
He's not replacing Macrae or Daniel in the midfield as they hardly played CBA mid roles this year

No thanks . Over rated vanilla player

21,20,17,18,18,23 (inc finals),11.

He’s going overseas to seek answers on why he keeps pinging hamstrings with little to no explanation. They’re not in good knock but if he was relatively cheap then perhaps he’s worth looking at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back