Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that put Sanders back into the VFL for most of next year?
He's not replacing Macrae or Daniel in the midfield as they hardly played CBA mid roles this year

Yeah the Sanders question is definitely valid, as I also want him playing a lot of midfield next season too. I feel like we could open up the rotations a little more to fit an extra onballer in, but this is more a replacement for Libba and Treloar probabaly for 2026 season and beyond. Maybe Cerra would play a similar role that Macrae did this season while he gets up to speed and then move into the midfield more the following year.

I'm not saying absolutely yes, throw everything at getting him or getting in another 23,25 year old Mid right now, more just we need to start really considering the post current midfield era. At one stage last season, some were convinced Libba had played his last game due to head knocks. If we lost one of our starting mids next year to injury, the cupboard is starting to look a little bare for people to step into those roles if we are truly a premiership contender.

Not sure that is a screw over. To be completely honest it’s probably close to on the money. He’s 30 and still has three years on a contract. Doesn’t fit our list or game style at all.

Great bloke and even better clubman but doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be looking at the best option for our squad, which in this case is get a pick for him and replace with someone that fits the game plan and isn’t on 750k a year.

Well done for the eloquent reply, while also completely ignoring the first sentence of Pencil case 's post! 😆

Yeah the Sanders question is definitely valid, as I also want him playing a lot of midfield next season too. I feel like we could open up the rotations a little more to fit an extra onballer in, but this is more a replacement for Libba and Treloar probabaly for 2026 season and beyond. Maybe Cerra would play a similar role that Macrae did this season while he gets up to speed and then move into the midfield more the following year.

I'm not saying absolutely yes, throw everything at getting him or getting in another 23,25 year old Mid right now, more just we need to start really considering the post current midfield era. At one stage last season, some were convinced Libba had played his last game due to head knocks. If we lost one of our starting mids next year to injury, the cupboard is starting to look a little bare for people to step into those roles if we are truly a premiership contender.
Totally agree. We have to start looking at replenishing our midfield now. Richards is a great start. Sanders hopefully. But we need more. And Harmes isn't the answer.

Charlie Ballard has Re-Signed with the Suns so we can take him off the list.

I still feel like St Kilda should give us something of merit, he'll walk in there as their number 1 mid for at least the next 2 years, and hasn't been that banged up he couldn't go for 3 or 4 years at still a very high level.

I still feel like St Kilda should give us something of merit, he'll walk in there as their number 1 mid for at least the next 2 years, and hasn't been that banged up he couldn't go for 3 or 4 years at still a very high level.
Steele is their #1 mid, but he'll be given every chance to cement a spot in the centre, not much competition for him to be honest

1726553640816.png

Contested beast, strong, determined, never gives up, I would take him at our club tomorrow and slot him in.

Gun. Won the Liston by 9 and hopefully captains a VFL flag on Sunday.

Right under our noses Dogs. Go get him.

View attachment 2112924
I watch a few games at Avalon oval and have to say he put Werribee through the finals pretty much off his own boot

If we can get into the 20s that would be great. Obviously would need to give something back but I think the Smith compo plus a mid-20s pick will give us a good opportunity to replenish.

I know we get the odd Freijah type later in the draft but it’s a lottery even in the 20s and gets dramatically worse after 30.

I watch a few games at Avalon oval and have to say he put Werribee through the finals pretty much off his own boot

We're yelling at clouds sadly. Unless he's hacking around at Footscray we won't take him. He'll end up at Geelong and dom-inate....

I'll see myself out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steele is their #1 mid, but he'll be given every chance to cement a spot in the centre, not much competition for him to be honest

View attachment 2113335
It's a smart move for Macrae's footballing career, team success not so much. He'll play in a starting AFL midfield for the next few years and still get paid handsomely to do so. I just hope some posters don't go into meltdown when the averages 30 touches a game next season (which he's very likely to do).

He's already won his premiership.

It's a smart move for Macrae's footballing career, team success not so much. He'll play in a starting AFL midfield for the next few years and still get paid handsomely to do so. I just hope some posters don't go into meltdown when the averages 30 touches a game next season (which he's very likely to do).

He's already won his premiership.

Absolute lock for supercoach players

Does Frejjha end up playing in the guts though?
I actually don’t think I want him there. Not everyone has to end up as a midfielder.

He might move to a wing but I prefer him behind the ball as a hybrid distributor. Corey Enright is a good role for him.

Yeah, it can. But players that I think he has failed:

• Roughead - was never tried elsewhere.
  • Schache (prob wasn't going to make it) - but I would have tried on the wing.
  • Lipi - focussed on what he couldn't do.
  • McLean - after his ACL was never really played in the middle which was his best spot.

There were others too but I can't be stuffed looking for them.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app
So what you're saying is players can improve when moving clubs, and it's likely not a coach specific issue.

We all admire Caleb so much. And I know many times over the past few years we’ve put Caleb in the same category as Macrae, both are slow but that’s where the similarities end. But I thought a number of times this year that Macrae still has a lot to offer our club and as for Caleb the game may have gone past him? He’s not like Brent Daniels or Libba Senior or Watson, players with similar height limitations. He has his own tricks but are they evaporating?
His arms are short. He cannot tackle like Libba Snr. There is something weak about CD’s arms and upper body.

Does Frejjha end up playing in the guts though?
Good speed, good skills, gets the football and will only get stronger.

You win big games in the middle, when you have his attributes you don't wait to find out if he can play there.

Yes he can play multiple other positions that will give him a good career, but he could also be like Richards, the only difference is he is more developed at the same age

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back