Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wing or half forward are the only roles i see him in
No way he plays wing. Too slow. Wings have become incredibly important in recent years as the game has got quicker. It is literally the worst position you could play CD. Would probably be better off at full forward hoping Naughton uses him as a step ladder to mark the ball.

If we can get into the 20s that would be great. Obviously would need to give something back but I think the Smith compo plus a mid-20s pick will give us a good opportunity to replenish.

I know we get the odd Freijah type later in the draft but it’s a lottery even in the 20s and gets dramatically worse after 30.
This.

People need to stop talking about Frejah as the norm at that pick.

He was a rare hidden gem that would be hard to repeat.

From what I’ve seen and I watched him closely, he has the height of a KPP, the speed, athleticism and endurance of a midfielder, and Darcy level competitiveness (perhaps even more). Good hands on him but otherwise not much else to glean. I expect he will be a gun.

Croft is the fastest big man I’ve ever seen play the game. He could be a dangerous winger.

Imagine when he goes out on a boat 😵‍💫
cloudy with a chance of meatballs bay GIF

Feel like we’ll be quiet on the recruit front save for maybe a DFA

Feel like most names and rumours are usually out by now.

Be interesting to know if this is by design or just simply that nobody wants to come.

If it's by design, the thinking that we can just go again while those above us take steps to get stronger is...different.

Feel like we’ll be quiet on the recruit front save for maybe a DFA

Feel like most names and rumours are usually out by now.
That does seem likeliest.

If we lose Baz and Jack contracts and bring in nothing too major, we'd be in a position to front end some of our other big contracts and have a ton of space for a really big target next year (Butters?).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That does seem likeliest.

If we lose Baz and Jack contracts and bring in nothing too major, we'd be in a position to front end some of our other big contracts and have a ton of space for a really big target next year (Butters?).
I feel we'll be a year too late if we leave it till next year. A midfielder of Butter's quality ready to go in Round 1 next year is a desperate need for us in my view. It allows the load of the regular season to be shared amongst Bont, Richards, an ageing Libba and Treloar and a developing Sanders without necessarily killing any of them. If Freijah were step up and into a midfield role that would help also.

Not achieving a trade of this nature this off-season is going to leave us particularly vulnerable to injury and form drop offs amongst Bont, Libba, Trelaor and Richards in particular and laying waste to what I imagine will be a forward line that develops and improves again. We got a pretty good indication of what that looks like in the Elimination Final against Hawthorn....and it wasn't pretty.

From what I’ve seen and I watched him closely, he has the height of a KPP, the speed, athleticism and endurance of a midfielder, and Darcy level competitiveness (perhaps even more). Good hands on him but otherwise not much else to glean. I expect he will be a gun.
If young Croft is anything like his Dad, he'll also be a stand up human being, brillent team mate, that bleeds Red/White/Blue.

Freeing up the entirety of Macrae’s and Caleb’s salary would be enormous for our ability to pick up what we need - pace and hardness.

On that note, we need to keep Garcia.
Yes, and yes.

I'd still love us to have a crack at Konstanty though. Crazy we're not linked (yet).

Yes, and yes.

I'd still love us to have a crack at Konstanty though. Crazy we're not linked (yet).
What makes him any good? I know nothing about him as a player but his stats are incredibly underwhelming in the VFL. Charlie Clarke outproduces him. 14 goals, 11 touches & 4 tackles in 12 games.

What makes him any good? I know nothing about him as a player but his stats are incredibly underwhelming in the VFL. Charlie Clarke outproduces him. 14 goals, 11 touches & 4 tackles in 12 games.
Quicker and seems a little more "defence first" in the way he plays.

I'd love to see advanced stats at VFL level (e.g. DE, TOG, pressure acts) but I can't seem to find them.

Sounds like freeing up salary cap space is more important than getting a higher draft pick for a Jacko. I guess this happens a fair bit we can ADZ for very little.
Based on what though?

We don't need salary cap space. There's no point freeing up space if you don't use it to attract opposition players.

Using it all on current players just makes the list top heavy on a few and the remainder is spread thinner.

Based on what though?

We don't need salary cap space. There's no point freeing up space if you don't use it to attract opposition players.

Using it all on current players just makes the list top heavy on a few and the remainder is spread thinner.
So we can rejuvenate the midfield and bring Butters and Merrett home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back