Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

You hear this every year though and by definition it has to be relative.

You rarely if ever hear "this drag has no depth and pick 15 is useless".

Even to that, the eventual, career output of a given draft never truly lines up with what they were saying before it, either.

More so the depth this year has been touted from a while back. Cal Twomey was talking it up before last year's draft, not sure much the top end with no Harley Reid in the pool (Ashcroft excellent but not available to all), but the depth all the way out to 30-40 was much stronger than past years. Helps us as we will probably have a few picks under 40 this year and no top 10-15.

He is being shopped around
Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

Only way i'm comfortable dealing Marra would be in a deal that brought a guy like Butters back, so extremely unlikely obviously. Unless there's serious off-field / character flaws that have developed which there's nothing really concrete that alludes to that yet. He's very close to Naughton and a lot of the boys too, so I'd be shocked if anything eventuated.

More so the depth this year has been touted from a while back. Cal Twomey was talking it up before last year's draft, not sure much the top end with no Harley Reid in the pool (Ashcroft excellent but not available to all), but the depth all the way out to 30-40 was much stronger than past years. Helps us as we will probably have a few picks under 40 this year and no top 10-15.
I'm more making the point is people attribute too much certainty to future uncertain outcomes. For example it can appear talented but the top 15 can all be predespositioned to injure themselves more than a typical year, but we can't know that until they start building AFL training loads into their life. By that logic you can't be that certain a draft is deep. You can be a little certain, but not to the extent that you would swap a next year pick 15 for a this year pick 20 or whatever. Maybe a pick 17 or 18, but not 15.

Only way i'm comfortable dealing Marra would be in a deal that brought a guy like Butters back, so extremely unlikely obviously. Unless there's serious off-field / character flaws that have developed which there's nothing really concrete that alludes to that yet. He's very close to Naughton and a lot of the boys too, so I'd be shocked if anything eventuated.

He’s upsetting a lot of people at the club with his professionalism and the company he keeps.. people think stringers associations are bad the people JUH has been bringing into the rooms are far worse.

He’s upsetting a lot of people at the club with his professionalism and the company he keeps.. people think stringers associations are bad the people JUH has been bringing into the rooms are far worse.
Geez you get the same kind of mail that i get off one fella i know. Its scary haha

Any chance you could elaborate slightly on this? No worries if not

Not i hope your okay you make up so much shit its not funny your supposed to support your football club but no u make up fake rumours
New poster? Is this bevo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately that team isn’t getting the juices flowing for next season. If we’re running Poulter (last weeks VFL was horrible) and Caleb Daniel, even VDM in ‘best 22’ we’re in strife.
Even Duryea and Jones are just hanging in there. This is why I’d hate to lose Macrae, and I’d have Garcia in Best 22.
I somewhat agree but to the contrary:
1. We were a kick (1st Geelong game) from finishing 3rd on the ladder and 95% of the team will be available next year.
2. JUH, Freijah, JOD, Busslinger, Darcy, Sanders, Gallagher all have upside which could offset any regression from older players.
3. Improvement from JOD and Busslinger, and a full year of Lobb at CHB, could mean our tall backs improve even with a Jones regression.
4. With 4 picks inside the first 40 or so, and with a focus on outside mids/small forwards, I'd be confident wed be able to upgrade either Poulter or VDM through the year.

Any chance you could elaborate slightly on this? No worries if not
He was out drinking earlier in the year. He missed a few games because of it. After the essendon loss from memory

Sam Edmund reported something a few weeks ago about people inside the club are upset with JUH.
Can’t be true what a load of crap hey Dogsfan1

He’s a great player no doubt but sometimes the juice isn’t worth the squeeze

Whether a trade gets done it’s still to be seen but make no mistake we are definitely shopping him around for the right price

Worse than the convicted murderer that Hind allegedly brought into the rooms (and mentioned on live TV was mates with Stringer)?

Whether a trade gets done it’s still to be seen but make no mistake we are definitely shopping him around for the right price

''Shopping him around", meaning that we are actively trying to trade him or that he isn't untouchable and we would accept a deal that wow'd us?

You may not know the answer to this Smiley Boy but is this because we think it's not a good attitude to have as a player, or because we believe such an attitude will hurt his development as a player?

As I understand with the Stringer situation it was as much part B. We wanted him out of the club, bemut even still, we simply didn't think he would ever be that good relative to the draft picks we would receive (and have been proven right).

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back