Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Small goal kicking forward you say...

Read it and weep.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1223432...63Y6g8SKNEN1Qca0LA_aem_02BZO4jFjudIEHTzvRlv3w

460717337_955050349998116_1569571645474378152_n.jpg

Annoys me that we keep going Footscray players. FFS look elsewhere.

Im not going to claim that I was clamouring for his recruitment pre draft, or that I wouldn't have moaned if we drafted him. Given in isolation he seems your typical over age tweener from outside the traditional pathways. Indeed I had no idea who he was until the draft.

But I guess it's just one of multitude of sliding doors moments that arise when recruiters and the list management teams sit down and make their final decisions.

You win some, you lose some.

We lost this one.

Hindsight, like cocaine is a hell of a drug.

I mentioned him way back in Nov last year as a likely type to fill our small forward need. He played a very classy game against our Footscray VFL side that year. The problem was, of course, once we had drafted Sanders and Croft our next pick was 45 and Geelong, which had obviously been keeping an eye on him, snatched him with pick 36.
To be fair, VFL players are not usually drafted as high as pick 36 but Geelong were right on the money with his value.
Disappointing for us but at least our next pick, Freijah, has turned out to be a gem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back