Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond might be the trade partner there if this is the case. They would be desperate for a talent like Marra, back themselves in to deal with issues of this nature after Dusty and others the last few years and will have a ton of high picks in this draft.
I feel like bumping my post from last week.

Perfect fit. They are desperate for a KPF and have the draft capital to do the deal.

As someone who has been on this website a long time I’ll say this, no one should take anything a “big footy insider” says seriously.

Anyway, talking about this hypothetical trading JUH scenario, unless it’s for around a top 5 player, I wouldn’t trade him. If it’s for anything less, fold the club.

Last edited:
Marra is never going to be a super star folks. He’s not fit. Rarely kicks straight and cannot take a hanger like Naughton. Darcy is better than Naughton and Marra at the age of 21. His body language sucks.

Sell high. I’m going to say it’s you are not going to like me but Marra comes across as a flog who would easily by influenced by the bikie-grubs he hangs with.

Sell high.

Last edited:

Just on JUH

I have no doubt that people like Smiley Boy and others who have confirmed what was stated are on the money or very close to it. Posters like Smiley Boy, Cleveland and Bonty4 are not in the business of rumours etc etc

I am concerned and upset to hear that JUH is been shopped around for a price the club believes would do the deal and see him go to another club.

I cannot think of a deal other than Harley Reid that I would do a deal. I would not consider JUH for Butters to be honest.

JUH is 22 years old and IMO will be a top line player. jUH is a Top pick and has shown glimpses of what’s to come. He is 22 the club has to back itself in to get things that are an issue right. Tiggers did it with Dusty and the rest we know about.

Players like JUH are rare very rare.

If Smiley Boy and others know he is been shopped around then I am sure JUH knows so not sure what that means for 2025 and beyond. I would hate to hear he has requested a trade. What does this mean for club and player going into 2025?

Many say Dogs have 3 tall forwards and it’s been put as though it is a problem and a negative.
The club should be using the 3 forwards as an advantage and point of difference to every other club. We need to get the right footy brains to utilise the 3 forwards to propel us to success. We need to get to the stage where all other teams are trying to copy us and the 3 tall forwards becomes a positive trend in the AFL and clubs are trying to catch us not an anchor to us.
Get the footy brains that can get Naughton, Darcy and JUH been a nightmare for all opposition clubs not to be viewed as a negative.
You are overrating JUH mate, big time.

He is being shopped around
Good news Smiley. I have not liked what I have seen of him for 3 years after what we thought we were getting.

Between being overweight, pointing at others like Shaun Higgins, kicking like…a genuine spud it is time to cash in on the hype.

People comparing him to Stringer? Stringer 2015 was All Australian and twice the player of this bloke. He doesn’t have the ferocity to be a great player. Fortunately Sam Darcy has it in spades.

Good news Smiley. I have not liked what I have seen of him for 3 years after what we thought we were getting.

Between being overweight, pointing at others like Shaun Higgins, kicking like…a genuine spud it is time to cash in on the hype.

People comparing him to Stringer? Stringer 2015 was All Australian and twice the player of this bloke. He doesn’t have the ferocity to be a great player. Fortunately Sam Darcy has it in spades.
Omfg He is 22 years of age trade him and you will regret everything u say he is a star. Any other club would take him

Marra is never going to be a super star folks. He’s not fit. Rarely kicks straight and cannot take a hanger like Maighton. Darcy is better than Naughton and Marra at the age of 21. His body language sucks.

Sell high. I’m going to say it’s you are not going to like me but Marra comes across as a flog who would easily by influenced by the bikie-grubs he hangs with.

Sell high.

With the marking, JUH was 11th in the comp for contested marks and 6th in the comp for marks inside 50 and its trending upwards. I'm not worried about his marking.

His kicking is a very justifiable criticism. He's kicked 103 goals in his career, should have at least 20 more. He's such an aesthetically pleasing kick that it just makes no sense to me. Naughton had the ugliest ball drop of all time so you could understand why he was struggling early days. Maybe he improves in time like Naughton has but its unbelievably bad.

I do agree with the body language but he's also not alone in that regard. All the forwards stand 60m off the play asking for over the tops and then give looks and sprays when they can't make the impossible kick. Even Bont towards the end of the season had joined with the crankies. Think our whole side needs to improve that.

You are overrating JUH mate, big time.

You may be right but not many I would still take ahead of him in his draft year if any.
I do understand your reasoning and concerns.

Still think at 22 with all his issues he has shown the talent is there. He is having shots at goal meaning most things he is getting right.

I think he will be top player whether he becomes a great player that I doubt

Omfg He is 22 years of age trade him and you will regret everything u say he is a star. Any other club would take him
If we get a top 5 pick or a elite midfielder - see you later.

I watched him closely at our elimination final. It was horrendous. Between him laughing and looking at himself on the big screen he managed 4 possessions. And missed a sitter to keep us in it.

If we get a top 5 pick or a elite midfielder - see you later.

I watched him closely at our elimination final. It was horrendous. Between him laughing and looking at himself on the big screen he managed 4 possessions. And missed a sitter to keep us in it.
Get a half decent ruckman and leave Darcy forward. Done deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As someone who has been on this website a long time I’ll say this, no one should take anything a “big footy insider” says seriously.

Anyway, talking about this hypothetical trading JUH scenario, unless it’s for around a top 5 player, I wouldn’t trade him. If it’s for anything less, fold the club.
Almost all of the mail about how Bevo was being considered by the club last off-season proves this.

I'm not questioning anyone's integrity but I'm sure the information got confused/misinterpreted by the fact we make key football department changes around Bevo last off-season to make it seem like people "in the know" we're saying Bevo would be sacked last off-season (which didn't happen).

I think something similar is happening with Jamarra. I read it as the club is more concerned about how his lifestyle might impact his development as a player and we might cash in now when his trade value might only decrease for the rest of his career, if he fails to be that good of a player if he fails to fully dedicate himself to training, rather than the "standards" or what his attitude "represents". Even if he does become more professional at another club, it doesn't disprove that we shouldn't have traded him, because there's every chance the act of moving to a new club changes his attitudes that are just impossible for our club.

Lastly I'm not sure I agree with "3 key forwards can't work". Sure I would rather an extra gun mid than a third key forward on balance but it's not a huge difference. It's just that there aren't 54 good key forwards to go around in the league. When teams pick a third key forward they're typically picking only the 50th or so best key forward in the league, who is a dud. Nobody is suggesting "having five inside midfielders doesn't work" because St Kilda is forced to play half-back flankers like Sinclair through midfield because they otherwise have dud inside midfielders.

FWIW I also have some "insiders" at some AFL clubs but alot of the time they have, you know, integrity. The very people that share news are coming from sources that aren't often the most reliable or have often heard third-hand news that gets misinterpreted, and a lot of what I hear contradicts what people post here, not because it's wrong, but a lot of the time it's a half-truth and mosses a lot of detail and complexity (as is literally the case with e.g. how much a player is getting paid often varies on triggers/bonuses).

I’d be ok if Marra goes.

We’re desperate for young gun mids, this can make that happen.

Which clubs have several high draft picks and would be desperate for a key forward?

How is he a star? Riley West kicked 4 goals in a game this year as did James Harmes - are they stars? At least they have a crack.

Definition of a star is different to different people

What I do know is he has been in our top 2 goal kickers in last two years and our top one this year and that’s with all his kicking issues etc etc

Still think at 22 there are signs there.

Richmond and Hawthorn kept Dusty and Buddy despite their off-field indiscretions (not knowing exactly what JUH is up to, but i doubt its worse than what these two were up to).

They realised the value in harnessing their talents rather than cutting and running. If we did trade him, it would just emphasise we will never shake the small club mentality.

Richmond and Hawthorn kept Dusty and Buddy despite their off-field indiscretions (not knowing exactly what JUH is up to, but i doubt its worse than what these two were up to).

They realised the value in harnessing their talents rather than cutting and running. If we did trade him, it would just emphasise we will never shake the small club mentality.
For all of the management that those two players required as personalities, you can at least say they applied themselves to get the most out of their talent.

I think our issue is that we don't believe that may be the case with Jamarra, and we would want to cash in on his trade value (as a representation of natural talent) before the lack of football output doesn't quite meet the talent manifests itself, as opposed to an inability to manage the talent generally.

Even pulling back the curtain a bit this year - while Jamarra didn't have a bad year - was it that much better than last year (despite playing in a better team with more forward support), with improvement you'd expect from a 21 year old turning 22, the age where many players still rapidly improve as players, especially key forwards? We can make the argument he didn't improve. As he gets older and doesn't get the natural young age improvements, he may even decline as a player (a la Stringer). This is all predicated on his professionalism and training standard rumours people have posted here. Less to do with moving him on because he misses training in and of itself but more because the fact missing training means that you won't improve or will fall behind as a player.

I don't get the three tall forwards doesn't work narrative, Sydney and Brisbane playing in a GF both have 3 tall forwards. They just have better systems in place to make it work in the big games.
It's not just 3 tall forwards.

It's 3 tall forwards who'd each be on close to a mil a season (shortly).

List balance.

The JUH thing is somewhat of a surprise and of course may not happen, but a hypothetical.
Melbourne badly need a forward and Trac may not be the flavour of the month with his team mates ?
Trac is too old and on way to much money to trade in for a pick 1 22 year old forward with massive potential. And that’s why Trac is kind-of stuck.

For the remaining uncontracted players

I reckon this week would be ideal for annoucements

Give dogs fans something to read during the grand final stuff

Thats why its absurd to consider him a fringe player, let alone tradable.

People need to get their head around the fact that when Smith nominates Geelong tomorrow.

That the final deal will be their first and a shuffling of later picks.

Not one that includes our choice of fringe players and certainly not SDK.
He’s off to Richmond.

Bookmark it 😎👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back