Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Really you must be a very happy supporter making up remours if sticking up for my football club is a shit attitude then you have no idea
So are players and the club above criticism.
Or is it hooray for everything and stick your fingers in your ears ?

To be fair its quite disappointing news.

It's a familiar pattern with moving on those who aren't easy to deal with. The common denominator is the club who clearly need to learn how to deal with such players.

If potential suitors think we are turfing him out we might also get a shit deal which would be disastrous
Would have we gotten rid of Dusty in his early days I wonder

As someone who trained at a boxing gym in the western suburbs I agree. 3 people I have trained with have ended up in prison
So they just haven’t caught up with you yet then 😁

They turfed out Stringer, Hunter and Dahlhaus and I don't think anyone has any regrets there.

They didn't turf out players like Liberatore, Biggs and others who weren't exactly quireboys
A 22 year old number 1 pick key forward who had a good year and is developing well other than needing to work on goal kicking should be a priority to keep.

It's really one that will bite us on the freckle

I hope juh isn't traded and turns into a 250/300 game superstar for us. But I'd rather cash him in now than wait 2 years and get way less for him if we think he will leave

...Dekoning is a gun full back.
Thats why its absurd to consider him a fringe player, let alone tradable.

People need to get their head around the fact that when Smith nominates Geelong tomorrow.

That the final deal will be their first and a shuffling of later picks.

Not one that includes our choice of fringe players and certainly not SDK.

People need to get their head around the fact that when Smith nominates Geelong tomorrow.

Geelong fans were saying Macrae was a fringe player (played 3 VFL games) and taking him aswell would lower the trade cost for Smith. I assumed SDK's 2 VFL games made him a fringe player.

A 22 year old number 1 pick key forward who had a good year and is developing well other than needing to work on goal kicking should be a priority to keep.

Jamarra has a few things to work on other than just his goal kicking

His repeat efforts need plenty of work for one.

He also needs to lose the one handed mark stuff and the routine on feild strops with team mates.

He's a serious talent but there are question marks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My concerns are that he loses currency by actively shopping him around, especially if/when the media get a hold of this and it plays out openly (Stringer 2017).

Agree with others that it would be disappointing losing him. Does the club also consider future father sons in the pipeline when making this decision? The next Darcy etc???

Not really the same quality though is it? We're talking apples and oranges.
I don't think Smiley was insinuating we'd deal him out for unders like we did with Stringer.
We re-signed him for 2 years not long ago, so obviously think we can snap him out of whatever he is going through.
If we were to trade him out though now he is contracted has us in a much stronger position.

I personally think no one should be out of bounds barring Bont and Darcy, it obviously needs to be the right deal though.

My concerns are that he loses currency by actively shopping him around, especially if/when the media get a hold of this and it plays out openly (Stringer 2017).

Agree with others that it would be disappointing losing him. Does the club also consider future father sons in the pipeline when making this decision? The next Darcy etc???
Croft is already in the door and is seen now as a tall forward, he likely pushes for games next year after a big off season.

If we trade JuH, I assume it would be because of a disappointing season and/or more proof that 3 tall KPF can’t work.

I feel like by the end of the next season JUH will either be untouchable or people won’t mind much if he goes.

I don't think Smiley was insinuating we'd deal him out for unders like we did with Stringer.
We re-signed him for 2 years not long ago, so obviously think we can snap him out of whatever he is going through.
If we were to trade him out though now he is contracted has us in a much stronger position.

I personally think no one should be out of bounds barring Bont and Darcy, it obviously needs to be the right deal though.
The key was "shopping him around".

So the club is going to potential suitors. To me that's showing the hand early that they are happy to trade him for a certain price so other clubs will smell blood in the water

Have a feeling and hearing this trade may get ugly.

There was noise the AFL was going to look into any deal Smith would do and any third party deals. That is true but not full story. I think AFL has been put on notice that this deal may go south and maybe a player and call concerned won’t be happy with outcome and could be a PR nightmare for AFL

The key was "shopping him around".

So the club is going to potential suitors. To me that's showing the hand early that they are happy to trade him for a certain price so other clubs will smell blood in the water
Key from there is for a certain price.
Have a feeling and hearing this trade may get ugly.

There was noise the AFL was going to look into any deal Smith would do and any third party deals. That is true but not full story. I think AFL has been put on notice that this deal may go south and maybe a player and call concerned won’t be happy with outcome and could be a PR nightmare for AFL
It will deffinetly be one of the last trades done and likely requires an arbitrator. Things are extremely far apart currently.

Fine line and dangerous territory when other clubs know you want a player out the door.

We lost our position with Stringer the minute Bev wanted him out

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back