Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Marra is 22.. top3 this year for shots on goal, wasn’t he?

He isn’t an average footballer. Once he fixes his kicking, he’s going to be a genuine star. Hes better than Naughton.

The shit deal we're going to get for Smith is something we could be looking at for JUH in 2 years. In hindsight would we have taken an insane offer for Smith after 2021 and 2022? Absolutely. I do wonder if trading Juh now for something insane would work, I'm fine either way.

He isn’t an average footballer. Once he fixes his kicking, he’s going to be a genuine star. Hes better than Naughton.
Watch Darcy in the last elimination final and he has I am going to be a star all over him. JUH I am not sure

I think Jamarra progressed quite well this year but his goal kicking lets him down.

He is a fantastic mark. JUH and Darcy at their best would make any opposition defence scared.

I'm not sure if this can improve or if this is inherent.

So when are we declaring the official boycott of Cotton On and Monster Energy
Surely we're already boycotting Cotton On due to their connection to the world's campaigneriest football team?

And boycotting Monster Energy drinks is just good health sense.

I don't think Smiley was insinuating we'd deal him out for unders like we did with Stringer.
We re-signed him for 2 years not long ago, so obviously think we can snap him out of whatever he is going through.
If we were to trade him out though now he is contracted has us in a much stronger position.

I personally think no one should be out of bounds barring Bont and Darcy, it obviously needs to be the right deal
I wonder if there’s something else behind JUH’s behaviour recently - maybe some mental health issues? Hogan for example was suffering from an anxiety disorder at Freo which often lead to him looking for “escape routes” via drinking/drugs, I hope JUH is doing alright

You can’t sell high on anybody in the AFL, the second you declare you are shipping someone out you lose all leverage. Also can’t move them on unless the players agrees to be moved on.
I would argue we sold high on Stringer. Leverage on the trade otherwise aside his output for Essendon has not matched what we got in a trade and his lack of defensive accountability has undone all of his goalkicking. It was only in retrospect, after the trade, that it became just how clear why we were pushing him out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re not from Framlingham by any chance?
Nope just a supporter that thinks its absolute bs . That you think where trading him when i know 100 percent he is going nowhere
We desperately need to bring in a established young gun mid.

I think I would do it for Jammara.

We have Sanders to cover Libba.

Now need this new gun mid to cover Ads (who only has 1-2 more good years left..)
Are u forgetting fathersons

Trade Smith for 15 & 35
Trade 32 & 35 for 20 & 46
Trade Macrae and pay 400k of his salary for 24
Trade 44 & 46 to Dons for 28
Go in with 15, 20, 24, 28,
Get Hotton, Hynes, Moraes, Oliver.

JUH is 22 playing the hardest position on the ground. He has as much talent as anyone on the list bar Darcy and Bont.

He had really a bad final. I was really frustrated by some of his efforts. However, every young key forward has bad games especially when supply is poor. I think the coaching unit need to look at ways to try and bring him into the game when things aren’t going his was as he plays on confidence.

I’ve heard the off field stuff but it really doesn’t sound too bad to me. He is 22 and will mature with the right support and coaching.

Subsequently I’d be ropable if the club considered trading him (I don’t think they are).

I think if he can be an a grade 50/50 forward mid if he gets his tank right overtime.

Trade Smith for 15 & 35
Trade 32 & 35 for 20 & 46
Trade Macrae and pay 400k of his salary for 24
Trade 44 & 46 to Dons for 28
Go in with 15, 20, 24, 28,
Get Hotton, Hynes, Moraes, Oliver.
400k of salary! That would be over the top!

St Kilda probably don’t even want us chopping into salary. They have a war chest. They need to pay someone to hit 95% of there cap.

I wonder if there’s something else behind JUH’s behaviour recently - maybe some mental health issues? Hogan for example was suffering from an anxiety disorder at Freo which often lead to him looking for “escape routes” via drinking/drugs, I hope JUH is doing alright
Based on his social media history, it seems he split with his missus sometime during the year.

You can’t sell high on anybody in the AFL, the second you declare you are shipping someone out you lose all leverage. Also can’t move them on unless the players agrees to be moved on.
I wonder if we're actually shopping him around or simply replying to the numerous enquiries he's no doubt fielded in any case?

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back