Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I would rather a coach get a double chance every year and shit the bed than one in the last 7 years has shit the bed from season beginnings

2013: lost Semi from 4 goals up at HT
• 2014: lost Prelim with +7 scoring shots
• 2015: missed the eight losing to 17th & 18th
• 2016: missed the eight
• 2017: lost home Elim to 8th
• 2018: missed the eight despite starting 11-4
• ⁠2019: missed the eight featuring 86pt loss to a North outfit on the verge of oblivion
• 2020: lost home Prelim
• ⁠2021: destroyed in home Prelim by chain gang of hotel prisoners running on fumes
• 2022: missed the eight
• ⁠2023: swept in Showdowns and out in straight sets featuring fourth home final KO
• ⁠2024: win 2/12 quarters across 3 games including worst ever losing margin for home team in a qualifying final

A Port supporters take

Prefer Bev anytime as I would still be waiting for a flag

Lol Geelong keen on Clayton Oliver.

Genuinely believe the thing holding us back is our form at our ‘home ground’ Marvel. Has been pretty poor in the past few seasons.

Does anyone know the dimensions of Whitten Oval in comparison? Desperately need to figure out how to take advantage of our home games.

If Collingwood land Peatling and XOH stays at Giants I really fear for our prospects in this trade period. Considering scratching my eyes out so I don’t have to worry about it.
Whitten oval had been the same size as Marvel for 7 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol Geelong keen on Clayton Oliver.

Of course. Not sure how good he'll look in Cotton On, so maybe a pub is more his go...

Pw Scrooge GIF

where is Riley Garcia at? i have a feeling he will stay now. Mcqualter may bring a few of those small tigers baker graham and even Bolton is a good chance.

2013: lost Semi from 4 goals up at HT
• 2014: lost Prelim with +7 scoring shots
• 2015: missed the eight losing to 17th & 18th
• 2016: missed the eight
• 2017: lost home Elim to 8th
• 2018: missed the eight despite starting 11-4
• ⁠2019: missed the eight featuring 86pt loss to a North outfit on the verge of oblivion
• 2020: lost home Prelim
• ⁠2021: destroyed in home Prelim by chain gang of hotel prisoners running on fumes
• 2022: missed the eight
• ⁠2023: swept in Showdowns and out in straight sets featuring fourth home final KO
• ⁠2024: win 2/12 quarters across 3 games including worst ever losing margin for home team in a qualifying final

A Port supporters take

Prefer Bev anytime as I would still be waiting for a flag
****….what are we doing wasting our time with Bevo?

Ameet, if you are lurking here, get Kenny’s manager on the phone, it’s a no brainer….this joint will go off

Peatling is 24 and played 45 games with a large number as sub XOH is 24 and played 67 they may or may not upgrade out B22 but the reality is the difference they’d make isn’t going to be that significant to pretend we should call the period a “disaster” they’re C graders at best
Quoting the word disaster makes zero sense as that’s far from what was said.

I did however say I fear for our trade prospects, as we’ve been linked to very little outside of those two players. Especially considering we have the tendency of picking up more ‘out of favour’ types in recent years and giving games immediately.

Peatling and XOH played important roles this year - 19 games each in a top 4 team who is actively trying to retain them both. It would be negligent to think they wouldn’t improve our team.

If you want to rely on natural progression alone then that’s fine, it’ll certainly be an important factor in our season, but I would like to see the club replace the likely departures of Macrae and CD with players more suited to the modern game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back