Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

What Bailey Smith has done is collusion
(secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy in order to deceive others) with Geelong through Cotton On while still employed by the dogs.
To see that photo of Bailey in the stands with Geelong during their preliminary final is nothing more than a sackable offence.

As good as it is to get some compensation for that idiot, as a company, the dogs have to set an example to discourage other future dogs players from collusion with other clubs.
Sammy should send Bailey to the PSD, and not help Bailey get what he wants like a spoilt child.

He’s a total outlier for AFL, fame well beyond output. Seems to be a weird unit and a handful to manage. Coming off an ACL.

He didn’t play a second for us this year, so we’re no worse on-field. And in the meantime Richards took his spot, but is an elite kick. Based on refusing to offer him more than 2 years, I think the club is quite happy for him to go. May as well get some good assets as well as get the bloke out of the club, it’s a win/win.

If we get 15 and a second or two for him then happy days.

Peatling literally missed from 10m out directly in front in the QF they lost by a goal

List spots isn’t the issue it’s the contract and what you have to give up for guys that have shown as little as McNeil at the level

McNeil has done far, far worse when there was no pressure like that. But you are right about the contracts. We are stuck with some of those cloggers for 2025 and beyond.

He’s a total outlier for AFL, fame well beyond output. Seems to be a weird unit and a handful to manage. Coming off an ACL.

He didn’t play a second for us this year, so we’re no worse on-field. And in the meantime Richards took his spot, but is an elite kick. Based on refusing to offer him more than 2 years, I think the club is quite happy for him to go. May as well get some good assets as well as get the bloke out of the club, it’s a win/win.

220px-Moana_Hope_18.02.18.jpg

Similar vibes?

Just remembering some of the players we’ve taken in the teens over the years, the good:
  • Clay Smith
  • Callan Ward
  • English
  • Weightman
  • Richards

The less good:
  • Christian Howard
  • Ayce Cordy

Obviously we don’t know much yet about Busslinger and Croft.

Short point is that if we’re getting pick 15 and another pick in that range (even if we have to give something more up) then you have a chance to get two players of that calibre, which is pretty good.

Unless SDK is part of it then pick 15 and more must be in there, but there’s a fair bit we can do if it is.

If we aren't in the trading race for Xavier and Pealting

ideally, using the picks for Macrae & Daniel to trade up to Suns Pick 12
Makes the Sanders trade better then but if they're both under 25 i'd rather keep both if the talent pool is a more even spread,

Think the draft this year is our big opportunity to fix up our depth and bottom half of our list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we even get these picks (Daniel & 32 for 22 & 40 - wishful thinking), trading for pick 12 would likely take all of picks 22, 43 & 44.

That would leave us with 12, 15 (from Cats) & 40. There are some really good options for us at 12 & 15

Trading for 12 might also give us a tiny bit more leverage with the Cats for Smith, as we’d then have picks ahead of them in both drafts.

Peatling literally missed from 10m out directly in front in the QF they lost by a goal
Firstly, he's kicking from 20-22m, and it JUST misses, it's not like he's shanked it completely. He also kicked 3 goals combined in this game and the SF, including a cracker around the corner.

Everyone has a 'mare every now and then. You seem fixated on this one miss. Bont has missed a metric ****tonne from dead in front, wouldn't want him if he wasn't in our side and was available?

List of our 2025 free agents off afl site, why isn’t Treloar listed ? He will be out of contract and surely qualifies as a FA

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Oskar Baker*
Marcus Bontempelli
Liam Jones^
Tom Liberatore
Ed Richards
Caleb Poulter*
Lachie Bramble*

In any case Bont and Richards clear priorities

Firstly, he's kicking from 20-22m, and it JUST misses, it's not like he's shanked it completely. He also kicked 3 goals combined in this game and the SF, including a cracker around the corner.

Everyone has a 'mare every now and then. You seem fixated on this one miss. Bont has missed a metric ****tonne from dead in front, wouldn't want him if he wasn't in our side and was available?
Was in reply to a comment around McNeil missing sitters he has done the same,

Think you might need to check again he was at best 15m out and missed by a fair way

IMG_3942.png

List of our 2025 free agents off afl site, why isn’t Treloar listed ? He will be out of contract and surely qualifies as a FA

WESTERN BULLDOGS
Oskar Baker*
Marcus Bontempelli
Liam Jones^
Tom Liberatore
Ed Richards
Caleb Poulter*
Lachie Bramble*

In any case Bont and Richards clear priorities
Treloar hasn’t been here for 8 years. Bramble, Baker and Poulter were previously delisted so they qualify. Jones was a previous free agent (when he re-joined us) so he also qualifies. Bont, Libba and Richards have been here for 8 years (by the end of 2025)

He should leave footy - so plebeian - go to New York and become a supermodel.

Was in reply to a comment around McNeil missing sitters he has done the same,

Think you might need to check again he was at best 15m out and missed by a fair way

View attachment 2127612

And it's not the first time you've mentioned it. BTW, McNeil has missed MANY sitters. Yes, he should have kicked it, but he's no Robinson ****ing Crusoe.

The goal square is 9m, I'd be pretty confident that bloke is about 6m from it, then 5m for him to kick it = 20m.

Peatling.jpg

Its hard to tell from the angle of course, but I'm PRETTY confident I've got the ball at post-high here...

Peatling 2.jpg

Picture is worth a thousand words...

Last time I saw this was on Forrest Gump. 🤔

View attachment 2127550
Never seen a bloke more pleased with himself, especially given the quality of his “work”.
Just doesn’t seem aware how out of his depth he is.

And it's not the first time you've mentioned it. BTW, McNeil has missed MANY sitters. Yes, he should have kicked it, but he's no Robinson ****ing Crusoe.

The goal square is 9m, I'd be pretty confident that bloke is about 6m from it, then 5m for him to kick it = 20m.

View attachment 2127628

Its hard to tell from the angle of course, but I'm PRETTY confident I've got the ball at post-high here...

View attachment 2127627
Where else have I mentioned it?

Yes McNeil isn't a good player either however as i've stated countless times Peatling is not the be all and end all and had a solid month or so of footy at AFL level nothing more at age 24 and pending the contract offer and trade value given up may or may not be worth it. Think you might need to touch some grass given this level of effort to defend at best 5m

Where else have I mentioned it?

Yes McNeil isn't a good player either however as i've stated countless times Peatling is not the be all and end all and had a solid month or so of footy at AFL level nothing more at age 24 and pending the contract offer and trade value given up may or may not be worth it. Think you might need to touch some grass given this level of effort to defend at best 5m
Apologies, I thought I had seen you mention it, must have been someone else.

All I'm trying to do is dispel fairly obvious disinformation. You said from 10m and missed by a fair way. As proven, it was 20m, and it's just missed. So twice the length you first claimed and basically twice the width (obviously not quantifiable).

And as a reminder:
Think you might need to check again
Which is exactly what I did.

He also had good games in Rd 7, Rd 8 & Rd 13 against Sydney, Brisbane and Hawthorn, so it's not just a good month. He's growing nicely as a player that has found a nice role that we could definitely benefit from.

Apologies, I thought I had seen you mention it, must have been someone else.

All I'm trying to do is dispel fairly obvious disinformation. You said from 10m and missed by a fair way. As proven, it was 20m, and it's just missed. So twice the length you first claimed and basically twice the width (obviously not quantifiable).

And as a reminder:

Which is exactly what I did.

He also had good games in Rd 7, Rd 8 & Rd 13 against Sydney, Brisbane and Hawthorn, so it's not just a good month. He's growing nicely as a player that has found a nice role that we could definitely benefit from.
He's 24 and played 10-15 solid games of AFL footy if we are giving up anything under pick 30 or more than 500k for him we are setting our selves up for a huge backfire

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back