Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd be pretty annoyed if you're buss and signed a new contract only for us to chase another young kpd.

I’d rather see Buss getting games as I’d be confident he’d have the same output as 2024 SDK.

I’m probably alone in hoping we just take pick 15 to the draft.

Last edited:

Yeah it seems crazy to turn down a talent like SDK (not that he is even available apparently) but I would rather say pick 15 and a future 2nd rounder plus back in Buss / JOD / Khamis to be the third tall, rather than just SDK.

Buss looked really good down the stretch in the VFL, should be bigger, fitter and stronger after another pre-season and ready for regular AFL games. JOD is still young in his development and should be better also.

I'm sure Geelong have some slow inside midfielder we can use as a small pressure forward.

Have heard Cats have offered Gary Cowton AND John Moylan, AND will throw in tall ex-Tasmanian defender Mark Williams (on one leg) for free!
(Sorry, still got PTSD from that 1978 North 'swap' for Dempsey. Luckily Smith is nowhere near his level.)

AFL industry needs to start to think like EPL in many ways.
EPL it’s the squad that is vital not the players who take to the field in the big games

AFL should increase list sizes and play 34 round season and limit the games each player can play in a home and away season
Eg Bont can only play in 28 games therefore he misses 6 games and it is the squad that wins the season
I’ve wanted to say this so much but have always been shut down because of the sport being different. I’ve brought it up in discussions and always get pushed back. I come from a soccer background (I do call it football, but for reasons to not confuse people on here, I’ll stick to the differential for now) and have always seen that there is so much that footy can grab from the premier league and the other bigger European leagues too.

Postecoglou has a group chat with Bevo and other coaches I’ve heard.

I would love to ask Bevo if he’s ever watched the All or Nothing doco’s - they’re powerful when it comes to the coaching side of things etc.

Anyone else slightly concerned that Lobb got so far down the track with another club mid year, that we still see him request a trade?

I understand he's contracted. And our asking price trade wise has probably gone from a 4th rounder mid year to a 1st rounder now. Still a slight concern for mine.

Pick wise, what would we be willing to give him up for?

Anyone else slightly concerned that Lobb got so far down the track with another club mid year, that we still see him request a trade?

I understand he's contracted. And our asking price trade wise has probably gone from a 4th rounder mid year to a 1st rounder now. Still a slight concern for mine.

Pick wise, what would we be willing to give him up for?
Lobb is contracted so only reason we'd trade him is if we wanted to. If he asks for a trade, well that's what he did before being Freo's leading goal kicker so doubt he'll sook

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have been told Oliver to Geelong is very likely, with Geelong paying 700k of his yearly salary. It'd leave what will range between 300-500k for Melbourne to pay per year for the rest of his deal. Geelong have offered pick 35.
That's worse than the Pies/Treloar deal. Melbourne really got caught out with the contract and Oliver's form since signing.

If pick 35 is all they give up, they can bring Smith in without losing SDK.

AFL industry needs to start to think like EPL in many ways.
EPL it’s the squad that is vital not the players who take to the field in the big games

AFL should increase list sizes and play 34 round season and limit the games each player can play in a home and away season
Eg Bont can only play in 28 games therefore he misses 6 games and it is the squad that wins the season
So your solution is that the AFL should introduce more rounds so players play more games to fix fatigue?

I have so much faith in Sammy Power that I’m not concerned at all at this point. We also draft very very well.
He’s so good at what he does.
We are in good hands whatever route we go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back