Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hypothetically, if you lift list sizes by the same percentage of increased games you are adding, the number of players on each list would be 62. Which is +18 per club, if you pair that increase up with the 62 that Tasmania will need in a few years under this system, then you really start to get a grasp on why this could never happen.

Even if they added just an extra 10 to each list, you've got to find 230 odd players.
Which dilutes the already diluted talent pool

The draft is stacked every second or third year.

Yet nobody says in the other year or two out of three that it's a "weak" draft.

FWIW I do remember the 2014 draft (the one we traded out of to get Boyd when were were apparently interested in Wright) being considered as "weak" though it doesn't get as much run time in the media as the opposite of "strong". I do remember a few people saying a few players drafted in the latter part of the top 10 - Marchbank, Ahern, Corey Ellis etc - were only just top 15/20 draft quality in other years.
That was a weird year - 3 guns that went in the first 3 picks, a bunch of maybes and some possibles.

A lot of careers ruined by injury in that draft year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you don't like the facts you can just scroll on ... probably would be easier.

I haven't brought up some of your posts, particularly on the Drafts and Trading board ... because you know, scroll on and all
You haven't brought up any facts, you've shared a pessimistic opinion, and by all means, if I'm being a downer I'd love to be pulled up on it.

I’m confident if Peatling doesn’t re-sign today, he’ll be playing for the Dogs next year.

Their B&F is tonight and if he was going to re-sign it would be before then.

That leaves it down to Dogs or Adelaide. Based on what I’ve heard, granted was last week and things can change, was that we stand a very strong chance if he leaves the Giants.

…and to think the trade window hasn’t even opened. Where is this Board going to be by 16 October..
Best time of year on here,

Miss out on C graders and the clubs in shambles,

Trade players that have fallen out of favor and again shambles

Trade in positions of need somehow you guessed it overpaid shambles

How long do people want the club to just sit on their hands and expect us to grow into a big/great club? Big clubs make the ruthless decisions, for the first time in my life we have a plethora of tall forwards, to get quality you have to give up quality to balance the list for needs

What makes you say plethora of tall forwards?

This, outside of an out of nowhere move for a genuine gun the biggest leap in our team next year will come from Darcy, Marra, Richards, Sanders and our backline having a full off-season training together. Filling out the fringes of our list will be gravy.

The thing is, we need midfield depth in between Sanders / Gallagher and Bont.

Thats Smith unfortunately but he's leaving.

Thats where your Peatlings and XOH are useful.

This, outside of an out of nowhere move for a genuine gun the biggest leap in our team next year will come from Darcy, Marra, Richards, Sanders and our backline having a full off-season training together. Filling out the fringes of our list will be gravy.
I'd like for Peatling to come (pending the price) but realistically won't be the difference for us next year either way

The thing is, we need midfield depth in between Sanders / Gallagher and Bont.

Thats Smith unfortunately but he's leaving.

Thats where your Peatlings and XOH are useful.
Again Freijah has all the characteristics needed just need to actual do it like we did with Richards,

Harmes had a poor final but had a good block before injury as did West and Garcia

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back