Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

If we can turn Macrae, Smith, JUH?, and potentially Caleb into:

Butters, XOH, Peatling, pick 7, 15 and a bunch of 2nd / 3rd round picks in a deep draft. Losing pick 8, F1 and some other picks then Sammy Power will have done a rebuild on the run.

Could be the off-season of all off-seasons.

This bloke has "outgrown the club".

Go **** yourself champ. Narcissistic flog.
e75b380fa6d0f20c5c6a3ca3d1bdff5c.jpg

Everyone always says anybody that takes an AFL field isn’t courageous/brave etc

Convince me otherwise that he is not an absolute pea heart that just wants everything easy

I know some will be sceptical but I actually think social media activity is a huge indicator of friendship dynamics. These guys are always on Instagram. The lack of Dogs players interacting with Smith over a period of time now would indicate to me that he’s potentially been on the nose at the kennel.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You are spot on

I know some will be sceptical but I actually think social media activity is a huge indicator of friendship dynamics. These guys are always on Instagram. The lack of Dogs players interacting with Smith over a period of time now would indicate to me that he’s potentially been on the nose at the kennel.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

JUH and Weightman seem to be his only mates at the club. JUH has that party boy rep and Weightman just loves everyone, so I can see them getting along with him still.

Can someone explain how Perryman is getting 850-900k? He's a Bailey Williams level b grader at best

I'm happy to sit this offseason out if these are the deals guys like that Cumming and Peatling are getting

It reminds me of that NBA offseason where the cap went up and teams gave hacks huge contracts that the spent the next 3 years trying to sell off - mozgov, mahimi, asik etc

JUH and Weightman seem to be his only mates at the club. JUH has that party boy rep and Weightman just loves everyone, so I can see them getting along with him still.
Arty loves everyone haha

It'll be interesting to see whether Geelong can somehow fix Smith's horrible disposal by foot. He was the last player you wanted to see delivering the ball inside fifty. It seemed as though if he kicked to advantage one in five times, we were fortunate.

Anyway, Smith making his official trade request to Geelong an hour before our B&F will just vindicate all of the haters. It's a very strange, needlessly provocative and petty thing to do. It just reinforces the perception that he is needy and egocentric. As Oscar Wilde wrote, "there is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." Bailey seems to be living his life according to this bon mot. He continues to come across as a very tiring person to be associated with. Good luck with that, Geelong.

I can finally say it : Good riddance. He is now Dead To Me.

Smith's narcissism and questionable habit(s) outside of football will be his downfall. To me, he is probably the most disappointing player we have had on our list in all of my years of following the Bulldogs. Pride cometh before a fall.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll be interesting to see whether Geelong can somehow fix Smith's horrible disposal by foot. He was the last player you wanted to see delivering the ball inside fifty. It seemed as though if he kicked to advantage one in five times, we were fortunate.

Anyway, Smith making his official trade request to Geelong an hour before our B&F will just vindicate all of the haters. It's a very strange, needlessly provocative and petty thing to do. It just reinforces the perception that he is needy and egocentric. As Oscar Wilde wrote, "there is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." Bailey seems to be living his life according to this bon mot. He continues to come across as a very tiring person to be associated with. Good luck with that, Geelong.

Jezza will soon let him know if he misses him by a Geelong player’s farm barn door.

Announcing it on the night of the B&F and then being a coward and not showing up.

A complete narcissist, so he can go f*** himself. Wish the preening little coward all the very worst.

Martin, Smith and Oliver. Knock knock AFL, all above board, eh? 🤔

Plenty of examples of more reasonable deals being done for OOC players. Most other clubs deal in good faith. Does this not apply to the Cats?
This will go along the lines of Jordan Clarke leaving us, similar in that we all thought he was a flog by the time he left, maybe we add a little more to our R1 such as F2 but I think that’s the most we’ll part with.

Bye B**ch.
The long been on the cards, is nothing short of saying Cotton On have been colluding this for years.
Make a stand Sammy, send him to the PSD to prevent Cotton On and Geeling colluding to take any of our players in the future.

What are Geelong going to do, complain to the AFL.... who brought in said rule after the Chris Judd Visy deal at Carltank.

We loose maybe pick 18 after bids matched, but we would send a statement the dogs won't suffer external sponsors manipulating our players to get them to the sponsors destination club.
What would we do? Use our first round pick on him basically.

This will go along the lines of Jordan Clarke leaving us, similar in that we all thought he was a flog by the time he left, maybe we add a little more to our R1 such as F2 but I think that’s the most we’ll part with.

There is literally no bigger flog in the league than this bloke.
Don’t expect him to buy into the Cats club mantra, it’s all about him.
Oh well, he’s your flog now 👋

To be fair he didn't play at anytime in the season so why would he want to attend.

Busslinger didn’t play either so he shouldn’t roll up and also L.Smith and few others

Club should force him to roll up and sell raffle tickets at the door

I assume he’s just shitty because the coaches didn’t rate him that highly as a mid and the club didn’t really try to keep him. The two year offer was basically pointing him to the door. Probably doesn’t sit well with the ego.
He's shitty because the Dogs can't support him in his desire to be the most marketable AFL player.

He has the most Instagram followers of any player despite the disadvantages of media promotion and awarenss of being a Dogs player.

He probably believes that he'd have twice as many followers if he'd played for a big club or played multiple times in the big 80,000+ crowd MCG games.

Why that should be your main priority as a professional footy player is ever strange to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back