Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey dogs fans,

Obviously port have some interest in Riley Garcia, I have seen his VFL numbers whilst playing as a mid. I was wondering what role he played at afl level for the dogs and if he can play a small forward role well?
Most of our fans like him. He shows a bit but suffers from being in and out of the side and plugging gaps as a sub. It's hard to really say as his afl level career has been so disjointed. He's in the too good a midfielder for the VFL level but still a bit of an unknown quantity at top level.

has shown some decent sings as a pressure HFF but once again never gets a run at it long enough for us to see him settle there. If that was Port's plan for him I could see it working out if they persist. Would probably turn into an unexciting but useful player in that position. Definitely not a nippy crumbing small forward type though

Bye B**ch.
The long been on the cards, is nothing short of saying Cotton On have been colluding this for years.
Make a stand Sammy, send him to the PSD to prevent Cotton On and Geeling colluding to take any of our players in the future.

What are Geelong going to do, complain to the AFL.... who brought in said rule after the Chris Judd Visy deal at Carltank.

We loose maybe pick 18 after bids matched, but we would send a statement the dogs won't suffer external sponsors manipulating our players to get them to the sponsors destination club.
Sending a player to the PSD is always the dumbest suggestion by fans. You’re hampering your club for a “statement” that no one gives a shit about. Its fake tough guy bullshit.

Geelong ITK on their board saying they are hearing that SDK is now possibly on the move. Sounds more a part of the Oliver deal with maybe the Blues involved though. Good in a way even if we don't get him, Cats still have all their picks to trade...
Apparently a 3 way trade with Blues, Dees and Cats.
So looks like Blues gonna nab SDK based on that.

Rivals getting stronger whilst we lose players and won’t be able to get much done?

Any way to just tune out of footy for the next couple of months?

Who says we won’t get stronger?

Don’t you want change? (Even if it’s only the draft?)

We’ve seen the same, slow, contested shit for years whilst hiding slow mids who can’t get mid time at half forward.

Let’s see if the Smith/Martin/Oliver gamble pays off at the cats because it’s no certainty. There’s big baggage there.

We’ve seen the same, slow, contested shit for years whilst hiding slow mids who can’t get mid time at half forward.

Let’s see if the Smith/Martin/Oliver gamble pays off at the cats because it’s no certainty. There’s big baggage there.

I want change, but not the draft. Established talent, it’s what all the recent flag winners have but we typically only get role players. We only have a few years left of prime Bont and need to make the most of it. Any draftees from this season or even last would only really start to have an impact after his prime passes.

My reference was also more towards Carlton, I’ll spew if they end up with SDK out of it. I agree it would be a massive gamble for Geelong if they ended up with all 3. They are still top heavy and rely a lot on their older players like Cameron, Stewart, Blicavs. Duncan looks fairly cooked now & Hawkins is gone

Sending a player to the PSD is always the dumbest suggestion by fans. You’re hampering your club for a “statement” that no one gives a shit about. Its fake tough guy bullshit.
Seeking mediation may be a more likely pathway.

I want change, but not the draft. Established talent, it’s what all the recent flag winners have but we typically only get role players.
Treloar was our best player in our most recent Grand Final. We brought in bookends in one trading period a couple of years ago, and our KPD pillars are both acquired.
We trade enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yesterday, several people posted here in a very belligerent and combative manner, which was a poor performance by them and wasn't appreciated by most posters who tried to be civil.

Should the same shitty behaviour continue today or in the future, some temporary or permanent thread bans will be in order.

I'm astounded how people here actually rate him highly.
Knowing people who have worked with him closely, they don't rate him either so I have no idea what some people on this board see in him. Each to their own I guess.
I'd love it if I he became a consistent afl level player and proved me wrong, but I just don't see what others do.
The debut was bad….deer in the headlights stuff

He truly is, some of you would choke on your cornflakes if you how good he is 😜

Love that he follows a loose unit like Cheese but not Baz 😂

Says a lot. I know Adz tried to give us the whole 'we're all mates etc' line on the narcissist before last night, but I highly doubt that. But that's OK, he's got a mirror and that's all he needs.

The Social club will be rocking at the Cattery

AFL media is one of the best immature in the sporting world.

Guys like Morris, McClure & Twomey try so hard to be like the NBA/NFL breaking news journalists.

I don’t think it’s worth worrying about unless it’s a nomination for a club from a player.

There was about 5 different reports yesterday about Peatling with different clubs as favourites.

AFL media is one of the best immature in the sporting world.

Guys like Morris, McClure & Twomey try so hard to be like the NBA/NFL breaking news journalists.

I don’t think it’s worth worrying about unless it’s a nomination for a club from a player.

There was about 5 different reports yesterday about Peatling with different clubs as favourites.

I avoid everything the media says it’s a circle jerk culture.

How many times do we hear them talk about each other always being on the mark and when they go with something it’s always true forgetting that the Mclure for example might have gone with 50 stories and got 2 right.

It’s the same when Bevo attacked Morris every media person came out supporting Morris. Then when Morris got outed for what he is they were completely silent.

Our footy media is pretty pathetic and they state opinion as fact, hold grudges and pat each other on the back

I avoid everything the media says it’s a circle jerk culture.

How many times do we hear them talk about each other always being on the mark and when they go with something it’s always true forgetting that the Mclure for example might have gone with 50 stories and got 2 right.

It’s the same when Bevo attacked Morris every media person came out supporting Morris. Then when Morris got outed for what he is they were completely silent.

Our footy media is pretty pathetic and they state opinion as fact, hold grudges and pat each other on the back
Except for Caro. She insinuated that a family member of Bevo leaked the Tom Morris videos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back