Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is this years geelong first round being talked about more then next years.

I would love Geelong’s first rounder next year.

I know people have said similar for years and been burnt by it, but the dip will happen at some point. Injuries to 2-3 of their top 10, or a few in the same line, will expose them. Worth the gamble.

Billy Beane was right in Moneyball...

We have the big Melbourne teams
Then the big 6 Interstate teams
Then the midsize Melbourne teams and 2 small Interstate teams
Then you have 50 feet of shit
Then there's Us
Where does Geelong fall in that? They're not Melbourne but their complete lack of salary cap gives them a significant advantage in terms of bringing players in

We are apparently trying to get the Suns pick 13

Don’t the Pies want it for Noble & steak knives. We’ve seen this movie before 🙄

Battle is worth around pick 20 at most. Compensation system is a joke, it’s the afls way of making player movement as easy as possible like other sports but keeping both parties happy.

He is an excellent player, has a marking and spoiling game that comes in way above his 193cm, moves well, very sure hands, good vision. Can play all over the field. Saints get pick 8 but they lose a star player. They are upset he has chose to go

Could be worse.. could have a disgruntled Petracca and Oliver and be getting Tom Campbell and Wayde Derksen…

He is an excellent player, has a marking and spoiling game that comes in way above his 193cm, moves well, very sure hands, good vision. Can play all over the field. Saints get pick 8 but they lose a star player. They are upset he has chose to go
Saints are making out like bandits and they know it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting article in The Age re Oliver.
My take on it is Geelong are white-anting the Demons just as they have white- anted us with Smith.
FUGEM!
I might also add they are playing games with two blokes with mental health issues.

But it's Geelong, so they are treated in the media like Gods. Beyond reproach.

It’s going to be a frustrating trade period dealing with all the flogs, but hey we should be used to it. Go get em Sammy

Well according to previous compensation he is worse than Ben McKay and based on the quality of picks obtained and traded throughout history, he is six times the player Bruce was.

I’d hope so. I think he deserves a second go, showed some good signs at North and it couldn’t be an easy job playing his role in their side.

I’d rather move on Scott/Baker and take a crack at him. Fringe player who still has potential to improve.

Is Scott contracted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back