Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Barrys drink tasted awful and gave me Diarrhea, unfortunately I was wearing poorly designed, uncomfortable underwear from Cotton on which were of no help and only made a bad situation worse. O/10 for both brands.
Didn't help that when this was all going down you were sitting in the chair at Kings Domain Barbers getting the worst haircut of your life....

My theory is that his personality change started out in the hubs in 2020. I don't think 2019 Smith would have responded to a grand final loss by going out and getting on the bags. Being 19 and spending a good chunk of time living with teammates (with some loose units around, Lachie Hunter definitely comes to mind but there's always party boys) several states away from family, while being cashed up, seems like the kind of environment that can get a very intense type like Smith on a new path.

If a player goes to the PSD they can put a contract value on their head that the recruiting team will pay. Is it the same with the national draft?

If a player goes to the PSD they can put a contract value on their head that the recruiting team will pay. Is it the same with the national draft?
Yep - Luke Ball did it. Played for $500k in his first season and base salary in his second at the Pies

PSD for sure but I think it’s unlikely anyone would use a first rounder on him if he says he doesn’t want to play with them.

If we manage to turn our F1 into a first before 15 this year it’ll put us in a stronger position with Smith. We could say to Connors he’s not getting to them through either draft, so get to work on the Cats.

If we manage to turn our F1 into a first before 15 this year it’ll put us in a stronger position with Smith. We could say to Connors he’s not getting to them through either draft, so get to work on the Cats.
It's a pretty empty threat though, there's no way we'd spend a first round pick redrafting him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a pretty empty threat though, there's no way we'd spend a first round pick redrafting him
Spot on unfortunately. Similar to Dunkley, we are dealing with a top 4 team with multiple priorities which means we aren’t getting full return for quality players. The best hope is that it goes to mediation and a 3rd party influences the compensation.

Spot on unfortunately. Similar to Dunkley, we are dealing with a top 4 team with multiple priorities which means we aren’t getting full return for quality players. The best hope is that it goes to mediation and a 3rd party influences the compensation.
Yeah, I think we have to get used to the idea that we're not getting back what he's worth. There's no chance their F1 will be included. Absolute best case scenario is 17 + F2.

Richmond have salary cap space to burn without Bolton, Lynch's contract finishing up, Baker, Graham.

They could draft him, have him play for a year as they rebuild, then look to trade him for a bigger trade haul if they can't convince him to stick around

Re Jacko.
If we aren't going to play him. Which we probably aren't.
Then we let him go for whatever the Saints offer. We owe him that much for his years of service.
Or alternatively he could be important if we have injuries in the midfield
Or his could arrest his decline as a player and find something that made him the All-Australian in the first place
Or he still could offer some value if in a slight out of position play (like this year 12 games with 19 touches this year) when selected, which is clearly a likely chance.

He wasn't some dud player that we had to sign and give games to because we were a dud team. He was still a good player that good teams, like we were, often have more then 22/23 good fit players.

Or alternatively he could be important if we have injuries in the midfield
Or his could arrest his decline as a player and find something that made him the All-Australian in the first place
Or he still could offer some value if in a slight out of position play (like this year 12 games with 19 touches this year) when selected, which is clearly a likely chance.

He wasn't some dud player that we had to sign and give games to because we were a dud team. He was still a good player that good teams, like we were, often have more then 22/23 good fit players.
Or we play Harmes in the guts and Jacko in the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back