Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing against Harmes but he’s a worse version of Macrae in the midfield. I don’t understand this if we’re pushing Macrae out just to play Harmes in there.
We’re not. He’s just referencing a picture Harmes put up where they were both at the same gym this offseason.

So Matt Owies is on the table supposedly.

Thoughts?
If you want the most one dimensional player in the AFL who does everything at a below average level. Sure.

We complain about Vandermeer, imagine Owies in the side, all he does is take junk uncontested marks, reasonable kick for goal though in fairness.

So Matt Owies is on the table supposedly.

Thoughts?

He kicks goals but doesn't offer too much else. Goals are a pretty handy commodity so I'm sure there is a role somewhere in the league.

I'm not sure its us though. With Naughton, Ugle-Hagan, Darcy, Weightman and West, I think you want to compliment them with guys who do the other stuff with pressure and tackle and hit targets really well and the goals are an added bonus.

Honestly Carlton seems like the best spot for him since they've got little goal kicking apart from their two stars, a bit strange that they are pushing him out.

If you want the most one dimensional player in the AFL who does everything at a below average level. Sure.

We complain about Vandermeer, imagine Owies in the side, all he does is take junk uncontested marks, reasonable kick for goal though in fairness.

I mean at least Owies has one skill that is of AFL standard. VDM is far below standard in every meaningful statistical category

Last edited:
Nothing against Harmes but he’s a worse version of Macrae in the midfield. I don’t understand this if we’re pushing Macrae out just to play Harmes in there.
They’re completely different players and play completely different roles,

Harmes before his hamstring was kicking goals and playing the half forward role well and then gave Libba a proper break in the guts

You're right. One's a 3 time all Australian.

Gawn’s something like a six-time All Australia, are you playing him on the wing? Gulden at full forward? Charlie Cameron as an intercepting defender? Excelling in one role doesn’t mean you can be slotted in anywhere on the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm only trading MacRae for there second rounder and **** everyone else he stays otherwise, why make a rival stronger for no reason, MacRae should have played every game this year anyway, he played well everytime he got a chance our team selection sucked all year, the sub should always be someone very athletic or tough aggressive or both not a smart hard worker with great foot skills , losing and not playing MacRae is a huge mistake

And in which role does Harmes excel in?
Harmes is versatile and plays good (to very good) across inside mid, outside mid, wing, and half forward.

Macrae playes very good inside mid but not great elsewhere.

Harmes has significantly more pace than Macrae which has become more and more important.

Macrae is a better player in his preferred role but that isn't open with us

You're right. One's a 3 time all Australian.
The last of which was won three years ago. His accolades are fantastic, yes, but they aren't applicable anymore. Harmes is faster, more versatile, and has good defensive capabilities. I love Macrae, but a player like Harmes offers much more to our side.

so like i feel like this trade period we are getting no one am i correct??

i really wanted us to attack this trade period hard thats a shame

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back