Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see the harm in offering JJ another year. Can provide cover fwd and back. Can provide leadership if he's in the 2s. Easy decision
And just as Duryea's form rebounded from 2023 to 2024 (some were calling for him finishing 12 months ago), JJ's may bounce back with a better injury run.

Last edited:
What if we traded for cats future first and this years second and then try to trade our 2025 first round to Gold Coast to try and get our 2024 first rounder back .

That way we walk away with cats future first and a second this year for smith.

Currently cats 2024 first has turned into trash with all the compo picks pushing it into the 20s

Is it weird that I just want Sam Power to personally walk Bailey Smith to the draft then, on the way back, hand deliver his resignation letter to Kylie on the way through and ride off into the sunset?

Is it weird that I just want Sam Power to personally walk Bailey Smith to the draft then, on the way back, hand deliver his resignation letter to Kylie on the way through and ride off into the sunset?
Yeah i understand that but then get nothing not even a draft pick that we can use on a kid

Is the Josh Dunkley trade the template for this one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think so. We’ll first ask for the 1st and F1s.

When that’s knocked back go to 1st, 2nd and F2 for Smith and F3.

think they’ll be harder to deal with than Brisbane though, who were pretty challenging.
Geelong have picks 17, 38, 56,72, 94 and all of their future picks so we can get some decent out of it.

Carlton offering F1 and F2. Seems pretty unlikely that we would be in the hunt with our offer.

Depends on where they see the Dogs v Blues finishing in 2025. As a neutral you would think that Carlton likely to finish better than Dogs in 2025. The is a better chance that Carlton’s future first is 17+ and second 40+ after any free agency picks next year than Dogs F1 being less than 13. Before we went on our run of wins at the end of the year we were primed to finish outside the 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back