Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Depends on where they see the Dogs v Blues finishing in 2025. As a neutral you would think that Carlton likely to finish better than Dogs in 2025. The is a better chance that Carlton’s future first is 17+ and second 40+ after any free agency picks next year than Dogs F1 being less than 13. Before we went on our run of wins at the end of the year we were primed to finish outside the 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah... and now we have a new game plan and look fitter. It was always said the second half of the year would be much better.

Guess what happened

I think so. We’ll first ask for the 1st and F1s.

When that’s knocked back go to 1st, 2nd and F2 for Smith and F3.

think they’ll be harder to deal with than Brisbane though, who were pretty challenging.
We really need WCE (with the Hawks pick post Barass trade) or GWS at pick 15/16 (right before Geelong) to tell Smith’s manager that they plan on selecting him in the National Draft if he’s still there.

That’s our only chance of a close to a “fair” deal with Geelong, and absent that I don’t think they’re being unreasonable only offer their single 2024 1R.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the folks who think there’s some big secrets and news that hasn’t dropped yet because we ‘run a tight ship’ in terms of news leaking are going to be disappointed.

But of course I hope I’m wrong.
I just hope the time it’s taking us to do a deal with Geelong isn’t tying our hands with any deals we potentially wish to do

JJ didn't look cooked when he was on the park.

His capacity to remain injury-free is questionable at his age and with his injury history but in terms of still being a good player when he's actually played has still been decent enough last two years

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back